Your Favorite Rifle

348Winchester

My parents bought me a Winchester 94 in 30 WCF for Christmas in 1980. I remember how exciting it was anticipating what was in that long box under the tree! I have hunted with that rifle in many states and it has taken whitetails, mulies, black bears, coyotes, and feral dogs. She now wears many scratches and other beauty marks. She has helped me create many, many fond memories. In 1997, the first time I hunted the rolling plains of northeastern Montana, the locals snickered and sneered at my "John Wayne gun" as they called it. They all told me I needed a flat shooting, scoped, bolt action to kill deer. After a few days of working the brushy coulees with the wind in my face, a fat and mature 10 point jumped out of a small copse of trees. He did not make it far. The Montana boys had some crow to eat!

infoman jr.

I struggled with whether or not my favorite rifle was the same as the one that meant the most to me. I think those two may be different. I'll write about the one that means the most.

I haven't shot this one in a decade or two. I'll never part with it, and it'll likely be the first gun my child shoots if I'm lucky enough to have one.

It's an old Springfield 22. It will shoot shorts through LR and was the first gun I ever pulled the trigger on. My grandmother used to shoot hogs with this rifle. This picture was taken at Buffalo Springs around 1990. (Infoman made the clothes.)

REN

Savage 110 .243 i got when i was 12. Its a pile of junk to look at but boy can i shoot that thing! i have 2 other rifles that are WAY nicer but i seem to always go back to ol trusty when i need confident shooting.

Hatchee

I have a rifle I fully intend to have buried with me. I'm 51 years old and bought it with grass cutting money I made when I was a kid (probably 12 or 13).
Remington Model 760, 30-06. I've had the barrel cut down to 17 inches and had all the metal bead blasted. Not sure how many stock sets and scopes it's had but currently has has Remington factory camo synthetic stock and forend off a newer Model 7600 (eBay) with an R-3 recoil pad and a Zeiss 3x9x40. It's been in box blinds in Texas, tree stands on Mississippi River Islands and everything in between. It even spent 9 days in the Hatchie River backwater after I flipped my canoe.
I love that gun.

1 good shot

i've got an old single shot 22 that my grandfather bought in 1905 and was given to me in 1966.
i was 5 years old and we lived way out in the sticks
after my brother started to school there weren't any other kids around for me to play with and my mom would give me one bullet and when i shot that one i had to come back to the house for another one
i remember roaming all over the countryside with that rifle and old Mop- our dog
happy times
the firing pin is worn down to a nub now so it just hangs on the wall now
i figure that after over a 100 years in our family and bringing joy to several generations of boys and girls in our family
its deserves a place of honor

redblood

mine would have to be my cz 452 american. pictured in the top pic second from the left. it has accounted for 25 or so one hunt squirrel limits.the accuracy and fit and finish of all my cz's is incredible. i just got an absolutely mint winchester model 88 308 that may earn its spot near the top.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Browning A Bolt .300 win mag
Topped with a 3-9 X 50 Leupold Vari X II.

My favorite, go to, most accurate, when she goes boom, stuff dies.

Blued with composite stock.

I love it.

danny1975

'Model 70 feather weight 270 with the old redfield 3x9 low profile when I was 10. Still shooting deer with it this day

HuntingDicksonDTC

R.I.P.
Ruger M77 Hawkeye 338 federal, my go to rifle. Extremely accurate & the deer i have taken with it dont go anywhere. Had that old Simmons Aetec for years put it on when i got rifle. Set it & has never been adjusted. Everything else i own has Leupolds on it but been happy with the old Simmons.

DaveB

This is my Browning ABolt in 30-06. Had it for nearly 25 years and it has been a perfect companion.
SAM_1247.jpg
[/url][/img]

And it is accurate.
Dadstargets076.jpg
[/url][/img]

AllOutdoors

Ok. I will play! Remington model 673 in 350 Rem. Mag. It handles well and shoots straight! Deer just go down when hit by it.

WGK

All my rifles are safe I am not a gun trader. I guess my browning 270wsm stainless would be my favorite right now.

BlountArrow

HuntingDicksonDTC said:
Ruger M77 Hawkeye 338 federal, my go to rifle. Extremely accurate & the deer i have taken with it dont go anywhere. Had that old Simmons Aetec for years put it on when i got rifle. Set it & has never been adjusted. Everything else i own has Leupolds on it but been happy with the old Simmons.

Nice setup. You really do like the look of the black on stainless ;) . Looks good.

jb3

My Ruger 10/22 bought at Service Merchandise in 1980. Also, my Remington targetmaster single shot.

fullstream

It would have to be a rem 700 6mm. Although its not mine now it is my son's. this gun was passed down to me and I passed it to him as I hope he will do the same. It is an absolute tack driver. He took a doe at 280 yds last year during 2nd juvi hunt and dropped it in its tracks.