Your Favorite Rifle

Model70Man

I spent some time yesterday oiling down my rifles in the safe and began to think about which rifle is my favorite. Everyone has a favorite rifle. It may not be the best looking rifle, the most accurate, the most expensive, or your "Go to" rifle for any hunting situation. This rifle is the rifle you would not sell and is not on your trading block. It is a rifle that cannot be replaced. What is your favorite rifle and why is it your favorite if you had to limit it to just one rifle that meets the criteria above?

I have several rifles that fit in those categories, especially the not sell and not on the trading block. As I wiped each rifle down I thought about which one is the favorite. Some were not even close to being my favorite, but I wouldn't sell or trade them for anything... well maybe if the price was right.

My favorite is in the middle of this pic. The Featherweight on the right I sold to Mossygoose and the one on the left I sold to Kimberman. It is my first rifle I've ever owned and the first rifle I bought with my hard earned money. I saved up for 8 months to buy this rifle. I had a low paying job at the time and a high maintenance lifestyle. The rifle was $389 at Walmart. I didn't kill anything with this rifle for 3 deer seasons. I was a terrible hunter starting out. I learned a tremendous amount of knowledge hunting with this rifle. I also have had hunts of a lifetime with this rifle that I will never forget. The second pic is a memory of most memorable hunt. Kimberman and I really got into some hogs. It sounded like World War 3. This rifle is not the prettiest, as I have rifles with beauiful wood and finishes. As a matter of fact, it's probably the ugliest. It's not the most expensive, as I have rifles 10x the price of this one. It's one of the hardest recoiling rifles in the safe due to the cheap stock. This rifle has never been on the trading block or for sale. It's the one that has given me the best hunts of my life so far, and the best memories. My rifle is a Winchester Model 70 .270 Win.

Model70s.jpg

catoosahogs4.jpg

stik

no pic but if I had to pick one it would have to be my marlin model 25 22wmr.

deer rifle is a model 70 fthrwt in 270.

Spikes Tactical

My favorite rifle and (go to gun) is actually not a rifle at all but a Mossberg 695 bolt action rifled barrel sluggun.

Good from 0 - 125 yards.

Of course if I had to pick a rifle it would be my Browning Abolt .270 - started using it once I moved to Tennessee.

rukiddin

Rem 700 Classic 25-06. Like a dummy, I sold it about 10 years ago, then had the opportunity to buy it back. It will never leave now!!!!

Rubberduck270

I've got a Winchester Model 70 Lightweight in 270 Win that I won in a raffle when I was 6 weeks old. Dad kept it put up until I was 12 then let me fire the first shot out of it. Of all the guns I have it's the only one thats 100% not for sale.

Roost 1

Remington 760 in .308cal...My first deer rifle, given to me by my parents. Hasnt been shot in several yrs now and my wife was last one to ever kill a deer with it. If it ever goes hunting again it will be because my son wants to use it. Otherwise it is retired.

woodchuckc

My sentimental favorite is my Marlin 336CS (30-30). It was the first centerfire rifle I bought myself in 1982 as a poor graduate student. I haven't killed a deer with it in 6 or 7 years, but I get it out at the start of every deer season and check it over to make sure it is ready to go. I plan on taking it hunting a couple of times this year and hopefully I'll get to take a doe or two with it.
My favorite rifle to shoot is my CZ452 LH bolt action 22, and I don't ever see myself getting rid of it.

mr.big

my Rem 700 BDL 25-06 with Redfield 6X Wideview scope I killed my first deer with in `79,,now on its third barrel and needs replaced again,,at one time it was the only gun I had and with that 6X scope I shot it kinda like a long bow,,from a 250 zero I could hold over and off and make some shots that you just had to shake your head and laugh,,

paincave_2000

Honestly, I couldn't pick my favorite, my ADD won't let it happen, but as of right now my favorite would be the one I've been waiting on since January 9th, hopefully only a couple of more months and it will be ready.

rdl65

My favorite would have to be my AR-15. It is a Colt SP1 that I bought used in the early 90's. I have loved these rifles since I got my first one in 1967.

Picture of my Dad and I with my first one in 1967.

And a pic of my 1968 model Colt SP1.

Gravey

The one that will never be on the trading / shopping block is my Winchester Model 70 30-06. It's the cheap Ranger model but the bolt is smoother than the Classic 300WSM I once owned. It was the first deer rifle of my own and my parents bought it for me when I was around 13 years old. It hasn't been out of the safe in probably 10+ years but may have to let her out this year.

Kimberman

I have a few favorites, but the safest gun in my safe is my Great Grandad's Win 94 in 32 Win Special. I killed my first deer with it, and also used it on one of the hogs that Model70man wounded in the first pic. He was too chicken to get out of his tree. That rifle will get passed down to my son, who is now 3. My favorite gun that I have purchased would be my Kimber 8400 270 WSM. I have taken more game with it than with any of my other rifles, it shoots great, is easy to carry, and just plain looks and feels right.