Your Favorite Rifle

Urban_Hunter

I'm still waiting on mine. Dad's 700 ADL .308 shoots lights out, killed my first deer ever with it on Juvenile. That gun will remain in the family at least as long as I live. I also inherited a Model 7 243 from my grandfather that won't see a trade as long as I live. If I had to pick a favorite without having the 308 it would be my 6.8spc, the first rifle I ever built. It too defies logic on accuracy, it will be with my daughter and I on her first Juvy hunt in two years.

WGK

Mine would be a Shotgun that was given to me by my Grandfather when I was less than a week old. Browning A5 12gu.

TN Larry

Remington 760 pump 30-06. I bought it used when I was 16 and have killed a truck load of deer with it. It shoots 150 grain core lokts lights out. It will never be sold. Another would be my Marlin 30-30 that my parents bought for me when I was 10 and killed my first deer with. I have since passed it to my son who killed his first deer with it.

rtaylor

Jury is still out on my favorite. Right now my go to gun is my Daniel Defense 5.56. It is super accurate, light, and zero recoil. None of my guns are safe queens and I have a history with all of them. My most sentimental gun is probably my .410 that was my dad's when he was a kid. I still use it quite a bit for squirrel and occasionally dove.

TenMileHunter

rukiddin":2jt1jmof said:
Rem 700 Classic 25-06. Like a dummy, I sold it about 10 years ago, then had the opportunity to buy it back. It will never leave now!!!!
I had a 700 in .25-06 but like a dummy, I too sold mine. I now have a 700 in .30-06 with a Timney topped with a Zeiss. I'll never let it go....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

infoman jr.

I was going to write about my grandma's Springfield .22, but I realized I wrote about it on page 2 3.5 years ago. It's still the one I cherish most.

Woodman

I'd been wanting to put together a hunting rifle for some time.....so I bought a Remington 700 action in 30.06 and added a Bartlein barrel , Timney trigger, H-S Precision stock and topped it with a Leopold VX-3 2.5X8 scope. This has been my go to rifle for deer & elk for the last couple years.

Hunter 257W

I've thought about this and not sure what my favorite rifle is. For carrying around, there's nothing more pleasurable than either of my Marlins - a 1894 in 32-20 with a Lyman peep sight OR a 336 in 35 Remington with scope. For sheer raw power, my 460 Weatherby Mark V is a thrill that's hard to equal. But I suppose the one that has given me the most enjoyment would be my Remington 40X-B Rangemaster that came from Remington as a 22-250, but I had the factory barrel rechambered to 22 CHeetah Mark I right out of the factory box. It is the easiest rifle to shoot to it's full accuracy potential I've ever fired. The factory trigger even leaves nothing to be desired for me. And the 22 CHeetah cartridge is a real hoot for whacking varmints. Lots of fun forming cases too going from 308 to 22 with the 40 degree shoulder moved forward.