Wish I’d found this last month

catman529

Scouted and hunted a big ridge today I've had my eye on for a year or two. Overlooks a creek bottom. Couldn't count how many rubs I saw on pine saplings, some of them pretty good, and then this jumbo. There was a good deer trail and a little fresh sign too, but dang I wish I'd been here in November.

368D201C-0698-47F4-9ED2-67F640ADDB63.jpeg

cbpedigo21

Catman he could very well still be around and use that travel route. I killed one last Saturday that made a rub about that size in late October/Early November and he traveled right past it right before I shot him last Saturday morning. I definitely wouldn't give up on the spot just because the rub was a month or more old.

ImThere

Cool find. I agree I'm not sure if give up in that spot yet.

I wish I'd have know you went hunting today I may have tagged along instead I slept in!!! Lol

17 days straight of 12 hrs days I guess I needed to sleep in!

catman529

Catman he could very well still be around and use that travel route. I killed one last Saturday that made a rub about that size in late October/Early November and he traveled right past it right before I shot him last Saturday morning. I definitely wouldn't give up on the spot just because the rub was a month or more old.
I'm not giving up on the spot. I just don't have much time to hunt anymore

catman529

Cool find. I agree I'm not sure if give up in that spot yet.

I wish I'd have know you went hunting today I may have tagged along instead I slept in!!! Lol

17 days straight of 12 hrs days I guess I needed to sleep in!
Wish I knew too. Been a good drive for you but it would have been a good time

Shed Hunter

I'd assume that's a big ole buck. Always the chance you do kill him still, but if not, a good chance no one else will. Them bones will likely be laying in the woods. You already know where to go next year about a month ago!

Ski

Good thing about that spot is that he's likely living there. Even if he roams during rut, he'll be back. And if he gets offed before he can return, another stud will step in to claim that spot. Thats the kind of spot you can kill big buck year after year. Thats the kind of spot you don't bring your buddies to.

Latest posts