Wish him luck!

Pilchard

What a morning! A shot rang out from his stand and I just knew we had a big buck on the ground.

Unfortunately it was a clean miss. No hair where the deer was standing and I tracked it 150yds where it was running through a field without a drop of blood.

I continued the three ways he could have went when he slowed down and stopped kicking up dirt. No sign of him anywhere.

Grandpa is bummed but we broke camp and picked up our deer from the processor before he headed south.

Pilchard

I'll share one more story from our trip.

On Saturday after I shot my deer, I got down to go get my grandfather and get the deer to the processor. I needed to get back to town for an event my wife was hosting.

I gutted the deer and walked back to the truck. I had to go about a half mile to go get him so I told him I'd be there in 10 minutes.

Half way to him, a tree had fallen across the road that I had travel twice earlier that same morning. Unfortunately my only option was to cut it out of the road and the only tool I had was my bone saw in my hunting pack.

Here is the tree that fell. What a job!

IMG_6448.jpeg

Dbllunger

Hate he didn't get the deer but sounds like y'all made some great memories. Assuming that's the lease with @Dbllunger he should've come out and taken care of the tree. 😂
I have relinquished the management of and my place on the lease. The desire for me to kill deer has vanished. Still enjoy watching and have really enjoyed hearing from Pilch and the others the last few days on all the action and good deer they have seen. I have helped them with the learning curve of the property itself and given them all my old stand sites and any knowledge I have of deer movement and whatnot. I'm livin through those guys now and perfectly happy with it. I've killed more than my share and have been blessed with some really good ones from that property over the last 15 years. Proud of that property and what it has become.

Lol....I ain't cuttin no trees but if he ever needs me to get him unstuck again, I hope he calls. Pilch and the others on that lease are some really good folk.

Pilchard

I wish your grandfather would have gotten one, but what great memories. Thanks for sharing.
He did get one earlier in the week and I sent him home with the meat from my deer so he is tickled to have a full freezer.

Unfortunately the biggest deer of the trip escaped. His exact words were "he was a giant son of a b***h"

I think I know what deer it was based on his description. It's one I hadn't seen since august of 2022 and was a very big 8pt at that time.

Latest posts