Why would you need a yeti.

Nsghunter

I looked at yeti coolers recently and they are definitely really cool, but why would you need one?
We rarely camp but occasionally use a cooler when we travel in the car. I'm sure they have a niche in the market I'm just not seeing it.

gtk

Staff member
Nsghunter":22wbgtkd said:
I looked at yeti coolers recently and they are definitely really cool, but why would you need one?
We rarely camp but occasionally use a cooler when we travel in the car. I'm sure they have a niche in the market I'm just not seeing it.
your right.. Doesn't sound like you need one .. But plenty of others do, myself included.. I could live without one, but its nice to have when I "do" need it :)

Nsghunter

gtk":qsc2r54d said:
Nsghunter":qsc2r54d said:
your right.. Doesn't sound like you need one .. But plenty of others do, myself included.. I could live without one, but its nice to have when I "do" need it :)

Great, since your my first avid yeti user, what makes you like it so much. What are some of the benefits?

gtk

Staff member
i wouldn't consider myself an avid yeti user.. I use both my yeti & rtic coolers sometimes. .. I use them going out west each year, I use them fishing on hot summer days. I use them going to deer camp.. Benefits are just what the adverts say, it keeps things colder longer. I brought an elk back last year in 80 degree weather from CO, and it was still frozen hard when I got home..

TNReb

Thank you for starting such a thought provoking topic. Why hasn't anyone brought this up before?

TNReb

Nsghunter":2p3p07yx said:
TNReb":2p3p07yx said:
Thank you for starting such a thought provoking topic. Why hasn't anyone brought this up before?

If I resurrected a chevy vs. Ford topic I apologize.

Just giving you a hard time. :D

dralarms

I keep a cooler in my truck all the time, been using "store brands" for years. Go through 3 to 4 bags of ice a week at 2.00 a pop. Got my RTIC 45 back when they had them on sale and now I can keep everything cold using ice from my home icemaker and once in a while I throw 3 16.9 oz bottles of ice into it. It's already saved me almost as much as it cost me to get it.

Nsghunter

gtk":2ul0wypj said:
i wouldn't consider myself an avid yeti user.. I use both my yeti & rtic coolers sometimes. .. I use them going out west each year, I use them fishing on hot summer days. I use them going to deer camp.. Benefits are just what the adverts say, it keeps things colder longer. I brought an elk back last year in 80 degree weather from CO, and it was still frozen hard when I got home..

Great, thanks for the input. Was your elk frozen when you placed it in the cooler? How did you ice the meat to start with and how often did you need to add more ice?
I was thinking of buying one to return a deer from Pennsylvania.

TNReb

Poser":gxb7hpo5 said:
FYI: I've driven venison from CO to TN and AZ to TN in Coleman coolers, only adding ice 1x before departing that I recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So was that deer Medium or Medium-Well when you got back to TN? :D

Kidding... couldn't resist.

Only reason I have Yeti is because I didn't have to pay retail prices. I reach for my cheap Colemans more times than not.

THEdonkey0515

TNReb":3h0zorgy said:
Poser":3h0zorgy said:
FYI: I've driven venison from CO to TN and AZ to TN in Coleman coolers, only adding ice 1x before departing that I recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So was that deer Medium or Medium-Well when you got back to TN? :D

Kidding... couldn't resist.

Only reason I have Yeti is because I didn't have to pay retail prices. I reach for my cheap Colemans more times than not.
I'm not against yeti, but yeah that's the only way I would ever own one as well if I could get an extremely good deal on one...

I have camped for a few days at a time, fished from first light till dark in some of the hottest days. I do lots of AC work on top of buildings in the hot summer sun were it reaches triple digits on some of the black flat roofs all day long with no shade Colman cooler with a few bags of ice has done me just fine in all those situations.

infoman jr.

People spend money on all kinds of crazy things. I have a Pelican cooler that I really like. It keeps ice a LONG time, and it's tough as nails. It rode around in the back of a Ranger quite a few times this summer, and we weren't worried about beating it up, and it kept our drinks ice cold for days. Couldn't ask for more.

jb3

Used a coupon and dividend money at REI to purchase my Yeti. I do believe it's over priced, but as served me well on 3-4 day camping trips. It's nice to set up camp and not have to worry about getting more ice for your cooler. I prefer to use those frozen blocks you get at Walmart over ice. A whole lot less mess.

Titanxd17

I have a Orca, 58 quart and a 28 quart. Tough as nails also made in good ol Tennessee. I keep my 58 in the bed of my truck at all times. I put 2 bags of ice and one block of ice from a milk jug once about every 10 days. You don't think you will use it but you find ways to use it. Use my 28 to keep hot breakfast in when duck hunting in flooded timber.

Latest posts