Food Plots Who all uses atv's for plotting

buckaroo

I would love to have a tractor, but all I have now is a Honda 350, air cooled. I've been using it for 8 yrs now and a little amazed its still going strong. I use it on about 5 acres of total plots most of them 1/2 acre each. Use it with homemade disc, swisher mower, drag my driveway and plots. Of course I spray them good and really just barely breakup the ground, take my time and try not to get it too hot, anyone tore their atv up doing this?

RobbyW

I do. I have a disk that is probably 100 years old. When I redid it it had wooden bearings. I have a pull behind tiller, but if I could do it again I would have bought a better disk. I use chain link for a drag and a hand spreader.

I got behind this year and weeds got a hold of it. I rented a 30" billy goat and walked over 10 miles cutting the 3 plots

Big Pop

I do but my days of mowing and plowing are about over. In the future I'm spraying and raking. It's tough on my 700 Sportsman when it's 95 degrees out, not to mention what it does to an old man on Medicare!

ERIC

I've planted more plots with an ATV than I can count. First I had a Foreman 400, wore it out. Then I got a Sportsman 500 HO. Have used it for the past 5 years, and it did well most of the time. Have had issues with overheating, though. Finally got a tractor this year, though, and it sure is a lot easier.

Latest posts