Which shells should I load in

catman529

On opening morning? I have Winchester Supreme 3" loads. 1300fps. I have some 5 shot and some 6 shot. I am leaning towards the 6 shot for more pellets, but wondering what some other opinions are. I have only shot the 5 shot before though.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
You will hear that there is nothing better than number 4 shot and you will also hear that number 6 is the cats meow.

I went with number 5 and met them in the middle. ;)

Honestly every gun is different and yours might like one better than the other.
I would go with which ever one of the two threw the better pattern at about 30 yards.

catman529

If I do get the chance to pattern again between now and opening day. Not likely. But maybe I will load the 5s just out of familiarity because I have patterned those. The higher shot number of the 6s has appeal though. Might just go with my gut feeling when get out of the car and rack some shells into the gun.

Gravey

I shoot a Mossberg 835 with the 3 1/2" Winchester Supreme #5's and killed one at 55 or 56 yards a couple of years ago. My son killed his first last weekend with a Mossberg 500 Bantam shooting the same shell but 3". Shot was 30 yards and bird went straight down.

catman529

knightrider said:
if your using the choke i sent you it shot the win hv #6 very well out of my mossy

Yep it's the same choke. Good to know you shot the same loads out of it and they went well. I think my gun is pretty similar to the mossberg. same price range at least and it takes the same type of choke.

Latest posts