Looking for shells….

@fulldraw

Since tss is everywhere, surely some of you guys have 3.5" magblends lying around. I'm out and can't believe how much they cost now. My 835 loves them but might be time to find something cheaper. Suggestions welcome.

Carlos

I've patterned my 835 and it's shooting best with the Winchester Longbeard #5's in 3.5".

Any reasonable opportunity within 50 yards is sealed, as long as I do my part.

I'm not familiar with the Magblends- are those made by Remington?

At least you've started looking ahead of season, I'm sure you'll find what you need.

@fulldraw

I've shot both #5 and #6 longbeards in the past. It did alright with the 6s. The magblends are HeviShot Magnum Blends 5,6,7s. I bought out Uncle Lee's when they closed many years ago. Each box was $6.

mike52

Since tss is everywhere, surely some of you guys have 3.5" magblends lying around. I'm out and can't believe how much they cost now. My 835 loves them but might be time to find something cheaper. Suggestions welcome.
Just checked the price at Acadamy, $14 ea for 12 TSS 3.5 in..But there again you only need 2 since that's the limit.

@fulldraw

Just checked the price at Acadamy, $14 ea for 12 TSS 3.5 in..But there again you only need 2 since that's the limit.
Lol, I'm not paying tss prices for a 12ga. I also hunt more than just TN. 😉 I'll probably bow hunt most of the time but it's nice to take the 835 when hunting with a buddy.

Carlos

I've shot both #5 and #6 longbeards in the past. It did alright with the 6s. The magblends are HeviShot Magnum Blends 5,6,7s. I bought out Uncle Lee's when they closed many years ago. Each box was $6.
Are these what you need?

@fulldraw

Are these what you need?

These are what I'm looking for but not gonna pay retail or marked up prices. I'm frugal with my money. Just hoping someone has some they don't shoot anymore to save. I'm not afraid of going back to plain ole #6s if I can't find any at a reasonable price. I just get tired of everything associated with hunting being turned into a rich man's sport.
IMG_0585.jpeg

@fulldraw

mike52

To each his own but, why shoot a 3.5 in 12 gauge ? You just like the punishment ? Or is it the only gun you have to turkey hunt with ?

woodsman04

I was a magblend user a while back. They did really well for me. Wished Remington still had the original Hevi-shot in the green shells. Those were the best.

It's hard to beat the Winchester longbeard #6 in the Magnums. 1-7/8oz in 3". I don't know what the charge is for 3-1/2"

Latest posts