so which is it?

megalomaniac

nice fresh track (since rain ended 4h before) right next to boot tracks on natl forest. Same location I found his track last Friday...

A. The bird walked on the same path shortly after the prior hunter?... or
B. The track was already there and the prior hunter wasn't smart enough to stomp them out?

regardless, there is now no evidence a gobbler ever walked that road after I got through with them :)

Good day today despite the rain. Had a different tom shaking the ground gobbling at me at 45 yards, but I just couldn't see him in the thick stuff. He's played the game before, we will play again. Another gobbler stuck on private that just wants to die he gobbles back so much, but I haven't been able to coax him over the line.

Only saw one other truck on natl forest today. Was a nice change!

Attachments

• track.jpg
    track.jpg
    366.5 KB · Views: 20

megalomaniac

Good luck mega!
Been a FUN past 4 days. Had 3 different toms within 45y.

If I weren't such a snob, I'd be tagged out. One of the toms was just feeding by, so I passed him. Another came thundering in gobbling on public, last gobble at 45y, but I couldn't see him it was so thick. The 3rd one I was moving down a logging road to set up and saw him around the bend at 10y nefore he saw me. Just didn't feel right accidentally ambushing one like that.

I think I'm up to 35 miles walked. Hunted at least part of the day every day except 1 since season opened. I'm pretty tired, so getting back to work today is a much needed break!

Spurhunter

Been a FUN past 4 days. Had 3 different toms within 45y.

If I weren't such a snob, I'd be tagged out. One of the toms was just feeding by, so I passed him. Another came thundering in gobbling on public, last gobble at 45y, but I couldn't see him it was so thick. The 3rd one I was moving down a logging road to set up and saw him around the bend at 10y nefore he saw me. Just didn't feel right accidentally ambushing one like that.

I think I'm up to 35 miles walked. Hunted at least part of the day every day except 1 since season opened. I'm pretty tired, so getting back to work today is a much needed break!
Sounds like fun! I had to come back early to welcome my grandson into the world and I'm back at work now. Planning on getting back after them Friday.

rbreedi1

A good turkey hunter can look at attempts to hide tracks and knows what's up.. make sure its not obvious 😁
I've also heard several instances of people who use actual turkey feet to place tracks in areas or toward areas where no birds are to divert pressure.

Wooden Arrow

A good turkey hunter can look at attempts to hide tracks and knows what's up.. make sure its not obvious 😁
I've also heard several instances of people who use actual turkey feet to place tracks in areas or toward areas where no birds are to divert pressure.
what sort of sneaky weasel would do such a thing ? does he leave J-hooks in the roadbeds too ? ;)

Latest posts