Satties Fatties #9 load

30-06 type of guy

Another member posted about these a couple month back so I decided to grab a box. I think they'll do. The 301 did hit to the right a little bit as you can see on the cardboard. May try a .562 but for the stock choke I'll take that for my son.
IMG_5356.jpeg
IMG_5354.jpeg
IMG_5350.jpeg

Joe2Kool

Stevens 301 stock choke put 317 in 10" circle which was one more than apex.

Mossberg maverick 20ga .555 Indian creek put 344 in the 10" circle.
Dang. That's some pellets! Used to be the standard was 100 pellets in a 10" circle. You guys that have switched to the TSS are putting 3X that. WOW!!

I'm still shooting the Hevi Blend 5-6-7 Tungsten and am very pleased with 130 pellets in a 10" at 40 yards.

30-06 type of guy

Dang. That's some pellets! Used to be the standard was 100 pellets in a 10" circle. You guys that have switched to the TSS are putting 3X that. WOW!!

I'm still shooting the Hevi Blend 5-6-7 Tungsten and am very pleased with 130 pellets in a 10" at 40 yards.
There's nothing wrong with that. If ain't broke don't fix it. If I hadn't of switched to a 20ga I'd still be shooting long beards outta my 12ga

JCDEERMAN

30-06 type of guy

Never heard of satties fatties. Where do you get them? How much are they? Both are good, but that first one is awesome for 40 yards
That first one had me sold right then. Here is his contact/price info. He's pretty quick on answering back. He also has fb with some other patterns if I'm not mistaken. He has some 9.5s that look like money too. I'll see if I still have the pic he sent me
IMG_5019.jpeg

JCDEERMAN

That first one had me sold right then. Here is his contact/price info. He's pretty quick on answering back. He also has fb with some other patterns if I'm not mistaken. He has some 9.5s that look like money too. I'll see if I still have the pic he sent me View attachment 222236
Thank you! I'll definitely look into them. I'm shooting federal tss #9's now with factory choke (Stoeger 3020), but plan to upgrade next year to possibly an Indian Creek choke and maybe another shell. I really like the federal, but wanted to also look at apex. Will also add this one too to explore. Thanks again!

REN

No problem. I was actually going to go back to federal since apex went up. Long as these stay cheap I'll keep firing them tho. Good luck.

not that you need to change anything cause that will kill a bird JUST FINE! However if you like to tinker some, it may do you better to shoot a slightly more open choke like a 562 Indian creek or 570 indian creek or 575 carlsons. Pattern looks great but TO ME it looks slightly clumped and slightly blown out in spots which usually indicates to much choke.

Just my 2 cents but again your current one will hunt just fine.

30-06 type of guy

not that you need to change anything cause that will kill a bird JUST FINE! However if you like to tinker some, it may do you better to shoot a slightly more open choke like a 562 Indian creek or 570 indian creek or 575 carlsons. Pattern looks great but TO ME it looks slightly clumped and slightly blown out in spots which usually indicates to much choke.

Just my 2 cents but again your current one will hunt just fine.
I agree with you on all that. I wanted a .562 this year but i couldn't find one online. To me that seems to be the sweet spot.

Gobble4me757

Thank you! I'll definitely look into them. I'm shooting federal tss #9's now with factory choke (Stoeger 3020), but plan to upgrade next year to possibly an Indian Creek choke and maybe another shell. I really like the federal, but wanted to also look at apex. Will also add this one too to explore. Thanks again!
I thought you were better than that JC! lol federal ain't the best and I know people who have broken em apart where they short you. It's why I switched from them to apex..now I load my own but that price sheet is pretty dang fair with great patterns!

JCDEERMAN

I thought you were better than that JC! lol federal ain't the best and I know people who have broken em apart where they short you. It's why I switched from them to apex..now I load my own but that price sheet is pretty dang fair with great patterns!
🤣 I'm only shooting them because I bought 3 boxes on sale when I bought the new gun. At $10 a shell, I've got to shoot them at something…and it ain't going to be at targets lol. I have heard great things about apex and will get some to try if I can find a good sale on them maybe after the season ends.

Gobble4me757

🤣 I'm only shooting them because I bought 3 boxes on sale when I bought the new gun. At $10 a shell, I've got to shoot them at something…and it ain't going to be at targets lol. I have heard great things about apex and will get some to try if I can find a good sale on them maybe after the season ends.
I feel you…I still have a box or two left over and a couple boxes of apex I have as back up shells. Hard to find apex on sale. These loads right here posted are like 20$ cheaper…

Latest posts