Which GPS Map unit for Livescope?

Crow Terminator

I currently have my Livescope hooked to a EchoMap 1226 unit. It's okay but I am not too fond of the touch screens. I like buttons and knobs. I was thinking of doing some swapping around and getting one of the 10 or 12 inch GPSmap non touch screen units. That is...unless the GPSmap touch screens are better than the EchoMaps. I like the idea of just turning a diao knob to adjust settings. I currently have a 93sv and the 1226 on the bow. One is livescope only and the 93 is just for maps. At my console is a Humminbird Solix 10. I am thinking about removing it and selling or trading it to get a GPSMap unit. Then putting it up front on the bow for Livescope and moving the 93 to my console. All I ever use my console unit for is maps while running and OCCASIONALLY to scan a new area. I usually do my detailed scanning up front...I seem to get better images and closer way points when scanning and marking stuff from the bow...transducer mounted on the TM and Livescope on a down pole. So it makes sense to have the bigger work horse units up there.

Any pros/cons to the non touch screen GPS Map units? I know I can't network the EchoMap and GPS Map units together but I think I can share/upload waypoints via Active Captain.

Latest posts