Livescope question

Doecrusher

Is my transducer messed up??? Today while out I couldn't get the live scope to work without this bright vertical line in the middle of screen...

Attachments

• IMG_20230908_150521246.jpg
    IMG_20230908_150521246.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 97

Doecrusher

I'm usually at about 65ish.. last Sunday it went into perspective mode even though it was set to ffs.. I been reading it says to try adjusting the focus but I haven't ever messed with that.. after seeing the line today I didn't really mess with it and fished. I did reset to default but that didn't take the streak across the screen off.

TNReb

I tend to agree with WTM that you're getting a double echo, but I've never had that issue when running gain at 77%. I don't do it often - but have certainly tried it when crappie fishing.

Do you know how deep the water really was? I'm guessing it was 28ft, not 13.5?

Trying dropping the Gain to mid 60's and see if that helps. If you're trying to pick up your lure, try increasing the Color Gain. Note, Color Gain is not the same as Gain.

Also, try increasing your Noise Rejection.

bluball

Agree with wtm and tnreb,do you have wire ties on your transducer cable.If you do take them off and use black tape or velcro ties.We have saw some weird things happen when using wire ties to tight at the shop.Garmin usually won't warranty a bad transducer if it has wire tie marks from getting them to tight.

Doecrusher

I did angle the pole out some from the last outing but don't think that'd cause it... the transducer cord to the black box wasn't tight all the way though... I'm gonna try and get out this afternoon or tomorrow and play with it and hit up Garmin..

Attachments

• IMG_20230909_112609309~2.jpg
    IMG_20230909_112609309~2.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 49

Doecrusher

So I've contacted Garmin and they don't have any regular lvs 32 transducer in stock but are gonna replace mine with a ice fishing version once I ship in the defective transducer... thanks guys

TNReb

So I've contacted Garmin and they don't have any regular lvs 32 transducer in stock but are gonna replace mine with a ice fishing version once I ship in the defective transducer... thanks guys
That sounds fishy. I thought the ice fishing bundle also used the LVS 32 (or 34). What else are they sending you? I'd be awfully skeptical. If it's under warranty I'd demand an equivalent or better.

Doecrusher

Supposedly just the lvs 32 transducer but the ice fishing version... they said it was pretty much the same but more insulation in the transducer cord??? I did ask him if the cable was bigger than but he said no... they wanted a 600 deposit to ship it immediately and then reimburse once they received mine but I declined in case they denied the warranty..

Latest posts