What's your CCW and why?

Jon54

I carry a Ruger LCR in .38 sp. I shoot +p ammo thru it. I'm going to sound strange to many, but I simply can't get comfortable carrying an auto loader with one in the chamber. My ruger is hammerless and can fit it and a custom made pocket holster easily in my pocket. I also carry a speed loader. In hind sight, I wish I had purchased a 357.

rtaylor

Because I'm in dress clothes much of the time I wanted something really small so I ended up with a Ruger LCP 2. If I am out in the woods I'll carry a .40 cal. Trying to find the right pistol is hard because one pistol can't do everything well. If it is super small and concealable then you are probably going to have less knock down power. If it has plenty of knock down power it might be harder to conceal. The point is you need to put down on paper what your priorities are. Obviously self defense but my number 1 priority was super light and small. A list will point you in the right direction.

Bwales95

I started off with a keltec 380, and then I bought a S&W shield in 9mm. I really liked to shoot the shield, but it printed on me in anything less than a hoodie (I'm a skinny dude). So, I sold it and went back to the keltec. I love it for its ability to conceal with all clothing options since it fits in my pocket. I plan to upgrade to a Sig P238 (or P938) once funds are available.

FWIW, my brother carries a S&W bodyguard and he likes it for its size and external safety.

Forvols

SW MP 9C -- good weight, easy conceal, good round count, OWB and IWB holsters (also thinking about getting a SW MP 9 Shield)
Open carry(4wheeling tractor work etc) - SW 586 357 or SA 1911 range master or Browning buckmark 22 target.

Whatever you choose --get a good sturdy belt, and quality holster(s). Try not to end up with a box of holsters too, buy once cry once. I have Highnoon holsters for the 9C and Galco for the 586 and 1911. Browning is just a clip on nylon holster. I started with some Kydex leather hybrids for the 9C and liked them, but have shifted to all leather now and for the 586 & 1911.

Run a bunch of rounds through your new weapon ball ammo and various PP rounds.

Urban_Hunter

MUP":rkbnr4xg said:
After purchasing a Ruger LC9s, and shooting several rounds of ball ammo wo issue, then shot 3 different brands of PD ammo to find the smoothest, most reliable feeding of the 3, I now carry it SSWF. My backup is a little Kel-Tec .380. I guess I'm the cheapest of all so far. :)

I carry a 15 year old beat up keltec 380. I feel like anything bigger is bulky and prints in anything other than a coat. I want a P238 but I know I wouldn't be happy with the size

MUP

Urban_Hunter":2u6pn893 said:
MUP":2u6pn893 said:
After purchasing a Ruger LC9s, and shooting several rounds of ball ammo wo issue, then shot 3 different brands of PD ammo to find the smoothest, most reliable feeding of the 3, I now carry it SSWF. My backup is a little Kel-Tec .380. I guess I'm the cheapest of all so far. :)

I carry a 15 year old beat up keltec 380. I feel like anything bigger is bulky and prints in anything other than a coat. I want a P238 but I know I wouldn't be happy with the size

I carry the Ruger in a pocket holster to help with printing, but the Kel-Tec is an ankle carry.

backwoods7

Glock 27 .40cal 90%of the time. If i need to pocket carry or am just being lazy ill throw a ruger lcp .380 or s&w 442 .38spcl in my pocket.

brass magnet

1911 in .45, because they don't make a 46, or a 1911 in 9mm , because it's still a 1911, Taurus P738 .380 backup because if it's down to that, it's gotten real close, and it needs to end.