What temp?

MUP

Heck I sat all day Friday in the loc on. THAT was uncomfortable. Then Sat hunted all day, just came down to switch stands b/c of the wind change. 😁

This is the first time I've done that in over 20 years tho I'd say. Extenuating circumstances called for it tho. ;)

Chiflyguy

At what temp do you crank on the heat in your stand? I'm sitting here at 50, outside 47, and seriously considering busting out the portable buddy. I'm getting to be such a wuss. Last couple years my feet have started getting cold, especially at night, they used to be real warm, so I think my circulation is a bit off, though doc says I'm ok. I'm thinking it's because I have a heater available, otherwise I may have dressed a little warmer and it probably wouldn't be bugging me.
Yesterday sure chilled me.
Maybe the humidity?
It wasn't even that cold.

Rakkin6

At what temp do you crank on the heat in your stand? I'm sitting here at 50, outside 47, and seriously considering busting out the portable buddy. I'm getting to be such a wuss. Last couple years my feet have started getting cold, especially at night, they used to be real warm, so I think my circulation is a bit off, though doc says I'm ok. I'm thinking it's because I have a heater available, otherwise I may have dressed a little warmer and it probably wouldn't be bugging me.
Lol, not.all of us get to hunt from a presidential suite and have the option of a heater. Time to ranger up Sarge and deal with it. It's all in your mind. Lol

hammer33

Made a mini wood stove out of an old propane bottle for the big shooting shack. Sure is nice firing that up and putting a foil wrapped breakfast biscuit on the heater plate to warm.
Reached the age that I got nothing to prove anymore. Hunting is supposed to be fun, proving that I can outlast a polar bear has lost its appeal.

Chickenrig

In all honesty, if I did have a shooting house of some sort, I'd turn the heat on to keep from getting too cold. But otoh, I've always felt that it was part of the hunting experience to weather the cold and see how long I could last up in a tree. Counting the minutes and telling myself "just 30 more minutes and I'll come down" 3 or 4 times before finally giving in and coming down. 😁
I agree Mup but as i get older i find my comfort zone decreases in range . I am like the pappa bear …… i like it just right 😜
And yes i run my heater when i want to

kaizen leader

I have a heated vest and heated insoles. When I start dealing the cold string in I turn either or both on and off when I'm back to warm. Works out great for me.

BSK

Reached the age that I got nothing to prove anymore. Hunting is supposed to be fun, proving that I can outlast a polar bear has lost its appeal.
Great comments hammer33. I've gotten there myself. I no longer need to prove to myself or anyone else how tough I am or how old/big of bucks I can kill. For me, hunting has become about entertainment value. Am I having fun? If I am, I keep at it. If not, I stop.

Omega

Lol, not.all of us get to hunt from a presidential suite and have the option of a heater. Time to ranger up Sarge and deal with it. It's all in your mind. Lol
Lol, growing up in Denver I never had an issue with the cold, I guess all the time in the desert got me spoiled.

BTW, I did crank that sucker on. Dang thing got to 70 quick, then had to shut it off again as it was too warm. You know, if I had seen or heard a deer, I don't think I would have even thought about the weather. The day before I had set up my 100 yd target to make sure the 6.5cm was on target since I switched out ammo to a lighter bullet. Was out about 4 hours (only 20 min shooting) in about the same weather with just a long sleeve shirt and it never crossed my mind that I was chilly.

Lost Lake

Part of the fun of hunting from a blind, ( which I rarely do ) is being comfortable while in it. Dry and warm. Heck I'd crank the heat anytime I wanted. If I had elaborate box blinds, I'd be hunting in a t shirt and flip flops with the heat rolling. Life's too short to freeze to death.

BSK

Lol, growing up in Denver I never had an issue with the cold, I guess all the time in the desert got me spoiled.
I don't think it has anything to do with being spoiled in the desert. I have family that live at 9,500 feet outside Denver that come to hunt every year in TN. These family members deal with temps way below zero all winter long. Yet they will all say they've never been so cold as hunting in 28-degree weather in TN. Our air holds a lot of moisture, and moisture in the air is one of the things that make it feel exceptionally cold.

Omega

I don't think it has anything to do with being spoiled in the desert. I have family that live at 9,500 feet outside Denver that come to hunt every year in TN. These family members deal with temps way below zero all winter long. Yet they will all say they've never been so cold as hunting in 28-degree weather in TN. Our air holds a lot of moisture, and moisture in the air is one of the things that make it feel exceptionally cold.
You may be on to something there, I noticed that with the heat. I had gone to visit my wife's cousin in Pueblo, car temp said 120 deg, but while hot it felt more comfortable than here at most anything above 65 deg. I've always wondered why there is so much humidity here, with no ocean I would think it wouldn't be so high.

BSK

You may be on to something there, I noticed that with the heat. I had gone to visit my wife's cousin in Pueblo, car temp said 120 deg, but while hot it felt more comfortable than here at most anything above 65 deg. I've always wondered why there is so much humidity here, with no ocean I would think it wouldn't be so high.
Direct shot from the Gulf of Mexico, and the abundance of storms systems that ride up the Ohio River, drawing moisture up out of the Gulf.

themanpcl

who hunts in a "stand" you could put a heater in? lmfao

Latest posts