What did you do today in the reloading room?

pk117ac23

Reloaded and shot first .223 REM with AA2460 in a Wylde Barrel at a shorter 2.200" COAL… absolutely gorgeous groups, stabilizes w/ no tumbling, with suppressor it gave me chills and smiles with how worth it reloading is.

MUP

Reloaded and shot first .223 REM with AA2460 in a Wylde Barrel at a shorter 2.200" COAL… absolutely gorgeous groups, stabilizes w/ no tumbling, with suppressor it gave me chills and smiles with how worth it reloading is.
Fantastic! I keep saying to myself that I'm getting a can but can't get off my can to get the ball rolling! LOL

MUP

Ended up getting the remainder of that lot of pull down primed Hornady brass loaded, 85 cases. Loaded the 15 up with my proven load using Superformance powder and 140 gr ELD-Ms and they performed the same as my fireformed cases. I had measured the shoulders of the new cases and they were within .001" of my sized cases so I was hopeful they would be close performance wise, and they were. I was really happy to see these group sizes at distance once I tested close in at 100.

IMG_20230525_150606977.jpg

IMG_20230525_150257622.jpg

Iglow

Nothing today. Spent yesterday adjusting a charge bar to load 3/4 oz. 12 ga. loads. Tomorrow I'll work on the powder charge, 16.7 grains of Clays. Using 3/4 oz. for skeet. If I was shooting in competition, I would go for the full 1-1/8 oz. load for the extra shot. I can get 533 loads out of a 25 lb. bag of shot with the 3/4 oz. load! I'm cheap...so cheap they have my picture next to the word in the dictionary.
I've gone to 3/4 oz 12ga for skeet and doves too. Works fine plus low recoil not to mention $. I'm like u, so cheap my family either weeps or just turns away.

rifle02

The only thing I did at the reloading bench was make a cursory inspection. Making sure the two very small grandsons that were down there hadn't messed with anything! They hadn't, everything was fine.

fairchaser

Post shoot analysis after the Sierra Cup this weekend. The first day I shot pretty good for me anyway. I was 7th. Day 2 my gun started shooting tall and it was either an X or 9 out the top or bottom. I dropped 7 points on each match and finished mid pack. I measured the seating depth on the ammo I brought back and found 6 of 42 had shorter depths of a couple thousands. I'm thinking the 5 hour drive had something to do with that. Anyway, hard lesson learned. Next time pack all my ammo in padded cases.

MUP

Post shoot analysis after the Sierra Cup this weekend. The first day I shot pretty good for me anyway. I was 7th. Day 2 my gun started shooting tall and it was either an X or 9 out the top or bottom. I dropped 7 points on each match and finished mid pack. I measured the seating depth on the ammo I brought back and found 6 of 42 had shorter depths of a couple thousands. I'm thinking the 5 hour drive had something to do with that. Anyway, hard lesson learned. Next time pack all my ammo in padded cases.
I've definitely heard of that happening, and why some shooters will load long and seat to depth when they get to their destination. Got any pics of the event buddy?

Snowwolfe

Recently picked up 250 pieces of once fired 50AE for one of my Desert Eagles. Today started the resizing/depriming process. Then they need the case mouths expanded and finally off to the tumbler with the stainless steel pins.

jakeway

Finished loading up my 45 Colt and 38 Special loads for the SASS Tennessee State Cowboy Action Championships. They start tomorrow through Saturday in Wartrace, TN. We have 225 registered shooters from 17 different states, including Arizona and New York.

If you want to see some Cowboy Action shooting at its finest, come on over to Wartrace and check us out.

fairchaser

That thing is FANCY!!!! So question, did you crimp AND the bumpy car ride knocked them down a smidge!?
I run about 2 thousands of neck tension, no crimp. I had 200 rounds in a protected case and 200 in regular ammo boxes. The bullets that settled were in the regular ammo box. Not all settled but about 15% apparently did. Looks like they settled about 2 thousands. My vertical on those went from 1/2 MOA to 1 MOA. That's enough to put you in the 9 ring. This is a game of fine details!

DaveB

500 9's so far.

Scheduled to close out inventory before Monday. We have a bunch more to go. Might be next friday since I just counted.

Got some 223 staged for the auto press. Gonna go very slow. have 4,000+ to reach end of inventory.

Need to load A-bond 140's for our 280.

Need a few A-bond 150's for my 06

Loading out our 308's. Should be done by 7/4

Got 300 7mm08 to finish and then wrap for gift. About same number of A-bond 130's for Rem 770 then wrap.

Inbetween gotta get seeds in ground on Fayette property. Busy summer

Latest posts