What bullet?

remington

Fairly new to a muzzleloader and have only shot Powerbelt's so far. They grouped fairly well but have heard alot of bad stories about them on deer. I used 295gr Hollow Points.

I'm thinking of trying a new bullet and was wondering what ya'll thought about the Hornady SST 250gr or T/C SHockwave 250gr. Out of those two which would you use and why.

Shooting a CVA Optima 100grs of 777 powder pellets.
Oops....50 caliber

rem270

sst's are awesome but if you have a .45 stay away from them. it took all i had to get them in my .45 encore and if it was that hard from the ground i couldnt imagine how it would be in a deerstand.
i switched to the .223 gr powerbelt platinum and i can load it with 1 hand. havent got to pop a deer with it yet but it sure did group good

Darkthirty II

I shoot a 45 and also shoot the 200gr. sst. never had any problems with loading them, and actually I have had less trouble loading the sst's than I did with the powerbelts. Probally difference in guns. Had good luck with powerbelts and the hornady's on deer. Killed bunches with the 195gr.(or 225, can't remember)powerbelts, and I just started shooting the hornady last year, and killed 2 with them. Most dropped, and none went over 30yds, with either bullet.

Latest posts