What about those Braves…

Hduke86

I can't wait for the game tonight. I sure hope they close it out at home tonight. Winning the World Series is great but when you win it at the opponents home field it takes a little of the celebration away and seems calm so I hope they take it at Atlanta tonight and the stadium explodes with fans having a great time. I'm going out on a limb today and saying if they win tonight and Eddie R. hits good tonight that he'll win MVP of the Series

DoubleRidge

Back to back bullpen platoon games have proven to be tough....I hope there is a dramatic come back late tonight.....but if not we have Fried in game 6 and Anderson in game 7.....long way from over....go Braves!!

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
I do think Snit should have managed the pen more aggressively after the 2nd inning. Sending Minter out to pitch the 3rd and beyond.

However, past a certain point I cannot blame him for running Smyly out there. The offensive got nothing done.
It was the opposite of previous games, where Braves had little trouble getting on base even if getting another hit was tough. Weren't even getting on base.

Hduke86

Snit needs to move Albies to the bottom of thr lineup. Dude is an automatic out right now.
Yea he's been in a struggle for sure. What kills me is 95% of their strikeouts are coming from swinging at high out of the zone fastballs. I know from baseball experience that it's hard to lay off of them sometimes but I don't think I've seen hardly anyone consistently hit them. I also understand that home plate umpire's strike zone also has been crazy. Going both ways he'll call a high fastball or breaking ball well outside of the zone a strike so that also changes a batters approach knowing that pitch outside of the zone could be called a strike.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Last night the strike zone was consistently high. That killed us. Our approach to pacifying Houston's lineup has depended on breaking balls low. If you cannot get calls in the lower 1/3 of the strike zone, you're basically letting Houston play tee ball.

DoubleRidge

Last night the strike zone was consistently high. That killed us. Our approach to pacifying Houston's lineup has depended on breaking balls low. If you cannot get calls in the lower 1/3 of the strike zone, you're basically letting Houston play tee ball.

Agree....Fried needs to command the breaking ball low and away ....along with the fast ball up and in.....hoping he has a better start than his last two...go Braves!!

Latest posts