What about those Braves…

Gravey

WORLD CHAMPIONS
Atlanta Braves Win GIF by MLB
Baseball Win GIF by Gwinnett Braves

Hduke86

This is a solid Braves team. Am I crazy to say, what do you do with Acuna?
No you're not crazy and I have been telling my buddies that the whole time. People forget that Duvall is a SOLID player. He plays the outfield great and his batting numbers are solid. I think he was like 33 homeruns and like 107 rbi this year. Is Acuna a great player? I say he's a GOOD player but I don't think he is the well-rounded player that the Braves need. He is flashy and makes some good plays but I see him as a one trick pony with homers. The question is does Eddie R continue to play like he did or did he just hit a hot streak.

Trey13

No you're not crazy and I have been telling my buddies that the whole time. People forget that Duvall is a SOLID player. He plays the outfield great and his batting numbers are solid. I think he was like 33 homeruns and like 107 rbi this year. Is Acuna a great player? I say he's a GOOD player but I don't think he is the well-rounded player that the Braves need. He is flashy and makes some good plays but I see him as a one trick pony with homers. The question is does Eddie R continue to play like he did or did he just hit a hot streak.
Agree with everything you said. This team played better without Acuna. I'd hate to bust them up. Team chemistry is out of the roof. Good to have situations like this.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
We're not bringing this whole outfield back. But I'd be surprised if we're letting them all go. Acuña won't necessarily be ready for opening day. So somebody has to play one position.

That said, I cannot disagree more with y'all about Acuña. It's like you didn't watch the first half of the season at all. Dude is a hit machine and steal bases like a madman—before his injury, he was on pace for a unanimous MVP selection. He is the only reason the Braves were right at .500 at the trade deadline. This championship doesn't happen without him.

But to the offseason, it wouldn't surprise me if we kept Duvall and/or Soler. Mainly because, in addition to the need to have a fully-staffed outfield, the designated hitter is probably coming to the National League next season. When Acuña returns, you get more bench depth from Duvall.

I'd also be surprised if Ozuna doesn't return after offseason penance and a PR campaign to soften the fan reaction. MLB just won't have the basis to suspend him much longer, and there's 2 more years on that contract.

Hearing a lot of buzz about us going after Byron Buxton in the offseason, too. We'll see!

DoubleRidge

We're not bringing this whole outfield back. But I'd be surprised if we're letting them all go. Acuña won't necessarily be ready for opening day. So somebody has to play one position.

That said, I cannot disagree more with y'all about Acuña. It's like you didn't watch the first half of the season at all. Dude is a hit machine and steal bases like a madman—before his injury, he was on pace for a unanimous MVP selection. He is the only reason the Braves were right at .500 at the trade deadline. This championship doesn't happen without him.

But to the offseason, it wouldn't surprise me if we kept Duvall and/or Soler. Mainly because, in addition to the need to have a fully-staffed outfield, the designated hitter is probably coming to the National League next season. When Acuña returns, you get more bench depth from Duvall.

I'd also be surprised if Ozuna doesn't return after offseason penance and a PR campaign to soften the fan reaction. MLB just won't have the basis to suspend him much longer, and there's 2 more years on that contract.

Hearing a lot of buzz about us going after Byron Buxton in the offseason, too. We'll see!

I totally agree...Acuna is a huge contributor to the Braves success....he's truly a multi tool player with a solid bat, power, great glove, good arm and super speed....and they have him signed on a great contract.......in the same breath I'll say I like Duvall and would love to see him hang around..... especially if the DH comes to the NL....... Rosario, Acuna and Soler in outfield brings so much speed and power....then rotate in Duvall....wow.
Nice to have options.....super nice to see them win a championship again...go Braves!!

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Something that excites me is how well set up our starting rotation is for next season: Morton, Fried, Anderson, Ynoa, Wright/Davidson/Toussaint.

*maybe* Soroka comes back mid-season

Latest posts