Weapons light.

Jcalder

What do you guys like? What should I look for in a mounted light? Not looking to break the bank. Going on an AR. Any that I should stay away from? Thanks I'm advance

MUP

I picked up an LED mountable light for my HD 9mm rifle. I have it mounted where when my hand comes up to the fore-end my thumb will hit the button and turn it on. It has the strobe feature as well, not sure of the brand, but probably HG Issue from Sportsmans Guide.

infoman jr.

I really like where I ended up with this setup. This is a Surefire M300 Mini scout and tape switch attached to a Cloud Defensive rail via an Arisaka offset mlok mount.

The light comes with a picatinny rail mount and a push button switch if you don't want all the other goodies.

backyardtndeer

I don't have one on any of my rifles yet, but figure when I get one it will need to be something I trust. Streamlight and Surefire would definitely be brands I would look closely at.

Weegee

I like the suggestions so far about brand (Surefire/Streamlight). If you're looking into a self defense setup, a couple of things to think about:

1. A powerful light would no doubt be useful in an open parking lot or field. If you were to turn it on in your house, and said light were to reflect off of a white or light colored wall, how blind are you going to be? Some lights have variable brightness, some don't.
2. Perhaps the most dangerous thing about a weapon mounted light is that it gives away your precise location while it's on. My preference would be to use a momentary switch where the light goes out if your hand moves away from it (as opposed to a constant on switch).
3. Consider having a hand held light available in addition and practice the various techniques you can find demonstrated on Youtube to negate #2.

Low light defensive shooting isn't easy and not a lot of people practice it. Which is funny because most shootings occur during the hours of darkness.

mike243

Buckshot will kill to about 100y, shine a light at nite to shoot somebody ya better be quick, you might not know where they are but they will know where you are lol

Latest posts