Compact, light (youth/small-frame) rifles?

Remington700

I bought my girls Remington model 7 compacts in 243. They are awesome little rifles. Good luck finding one though. Right now finding a selection of any compact rifle is difficult. You might look at the Ruger Go Wild compact in 243. It has a muzzle brake from the factory.
Good luck!

FTG-05

I bought my son his first rifle when he was one year old. A Remington Model 7 in 7mm-08. I then spent the next 12-14 years "breaking it in" by taking it deer hunting. Killed a bunch of deer with it. When he started using it, I mourned it's loss. So I bought a Ruger American Compact model, also in 7mm-08, to replace it.

Can't go wrong with either one.

Good luck!

hillbillyfab

I went with CVA Scout compact or youth don't remember what they call it. Have one in both 243 and 7-08. Very compact guns

That's what my son shoots also. I did thread the barrel and change the scope out for some different glass. I enjoy carrying it sometimes too.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled

DC219

I started my kids on an AR chambered in 6.8. It has little to no recoil. However, my son's first rifle was a Browning Micro Midas in .308. He shoots light hand loads. It's very accurate. I really didn't want him handling an AR for his first year or so of hunting alone in a stand.

BringBackThe80s

I bought my son his first rifle when he was one year old. A Remington Model 7 in 7mm-08. I then spent the next 12-14 years "breaking it in" by taking it deer hunting. Killed a bunch of deer with it. When he started using it, I mourned it's loss. So I bought a Ruger American Compact model, also in 7mm-08, to replace it.

Can't go wrong with either one.

Good luck!
When I was a teenager, I dreamed of one day slipping silently through the fall woods carrying a walnut-stocked Model 7 in .308 Winchester.

I looked for a Model 7 in .243 for my kids now, but the only one I have been able to find was a used gun old enough that I would want to see the barrel before paying $1000+ for it.

So today I looked all over the internet and found one, single .243 Ruger American Compact on Gunbroker. It is now on its way to me.

BringBackThe80s

I bought my girls Remington model 7 compacts in 243. They are awesome little rifles. Good luck finding one though. Right now finding a selection of any compact rifle is difficult. You might look at the Ruger Go Wild compact in 243. It has a muzzle brake from the factory.
Good luck!
I looked unsuccessfully for a Model 7 .243 and ended up with a Ruger instead.

Bobby D

I bought my son a compact savage 110 in .243 at least 8 yrs ago. It is a pretty good gun. Rifle and scope combo then was around 300 bucks. If I had it to do over again I would have gotten the same combo in 7mm-08.