Insurance Policy on Weapons

DaveB

Thieves are becoming less afraid and a review of my current policy says I am under-insured. Current policy is a rider on my homeowners insurance and I cannot increase that coverage.

Anyone have an insurance company they can recommend?

tug

Thieves are becoming less afraid and a review of my current policy says I am under-insured. Current policy is a rider on my homeowners insurance and I cannot increase that coverage.

Anyone have an insurance company they can recommend?
Depends on the values. I would invest in a legit safe first. And look at Eastern. They have a big firearms business

Tenntrapper

I have a "personal articles" policy from State Farm. Covers all losses...fire, theft, fell out of boat, stolen out of vehicle, mugging, etc. No deductible.

backyardtndeer

Have a standard farm bureau farm policy that is way too little, think it covers a total of $2500 in firearms. They do offer riders, but they are pricey. Last I checked, decided investing in a safe was a better option for that time than to add riders.

waynesworld

Shelter ins has a lot of different options but you have to let the agent know everything as it may fit in a few different policies. The lady who helps me talks to us to get what we need. I am sure she would talk to you if you wanted to call her. She lives in Shelbyville.

fairchaser

My insurance agent told me a client had a gun safe stolen through the front door and no one saw a thing. Scary thought.

AM84

My insurance agent told me a client had a gun safe stolen through the front door and no one saw a thing. Scary thought.
How does that even happen?

that being said, run some bolts through the bottom of that bad boy where they attach to the pallets/feet and nobody stealing it then!

DaveB

I have a "personal articles" policy from State Farm. Covers all losses...fire, theft, fell out of boat, stolen out of vehicle, mugging, etc. No deductible.
Hmm. My SF agent did not advise me of that policy....I wouldn't have a rider that is essentially useless. Many thanks

Wiley

run some bolts through the bottom of that bad boy where they attach to the pallets/feet and nobody stealing it then!
I can be inside anybody's regular store bought gunsafe in 10 minutes. I won't post the method on here but in some cases bolting it down helps a thief. A bonafide SAFE is the only way to achieve real theft protection. All that being said, I don't think the NRA offers weapon insurance any more. I know that they dropped the life insurance that was one of the perks of paying to be a life member.

Latest posts