Compact, light (youth/small-frame) rifles?

BringBackThe80s

Care to point me toward reliably accurate rifles that are both light and compact (at least in stock/length-of-pull)?

I plan to purchase a rifle that is light and compact enough for my kids (boys 7, 10, and 12; daughter 16--ranging from 3.5 to 5 feet tall), and which I can also use for stalking, etc. Probably a .243, maybe a 6.5 Creedmoor. Accuracy is a high priority. So, Kimber's Hunter (5.5 lbs) and Mountain Ascent (4.75 lbs) check the weight category, but L.O.P. is too long at 13.75" (I assume that I cannot get Kimber or a gunsmith to cut down the carbon fiber stock). Many of the more traditional brands I have looked at have compact rifles, but they typically weigh in the range of 7+ pounds.

I would prefer bolt action, but I am willing to consider to consider a single-shot break action.

I am sure plenty of other dads have already been down this road, so all suggestions would be appreciated.

Snowwolfe

Savage Storm
Stock is adjustable for length of pull and height of the comb. I believe the stock has three spacers for length of pull. Very easy to change. You can set up the stock for one kid in the morning then add or take away a spacer and get the next kid ready for a hunt.

camoman270

Care to point me toward reliably accurate rifles that are both light and compact (at least in stock/length-of-pull)?

I plan to purchase a rifle that is light and compact enough for my kids (boys 7, 10, and 12; daughter 16--ranging from 3.5 to 5 feet tall), and which I can also use for stalking, etc. Probably a .243, maybe a 6.5 Creedmoor. Accuracy is a high priority. So, Kimber's Hunter (5.5 lbs) and Mountain Ascent (4.75 lbs) check the weight category, but L.O.P. is too long at 13.75" (I assume that I cannot get Kimber or a gunsmith to cut down the carbon fiber stock). Many of the more traditional brands I have looked at have compact rifles, but they typically weigh in the range of 7+ pounds.

I would prefer bolt action, but I am willing to consider to consider a single-shot break action.

I am sure plenty of other dads have already been down this road, so all suggestions would be appreciated.
I love the Remington model 7's
I bought my boys one ine .243, and the other in .308. Synthetic stocked, stainless steel. That was 25 years ago approx.

DaveB

Here ya go

and for sale

Latest posts