Food Plots Waited too long..

RobDooley

The last of September is the earliest I have ever planted my food plot. I always plant forage oats and brassicas with very good sucess.

Attachments

• IMG_0846.MOV
    2.8 MB
  • IMG_0882.JPG
    IMG_0882.JPG
    357.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1091.MOV
    2.8 MB
  • IMG_1112.MOV
    139.5 MB

rem270

No rain last week and none in the forecast the next couple weeks. I got mine in at a good time and it's doing excellent. Just hope this 2nd drought we have doesn't have any affects on it.

BSK

My plots are going to get wiped out by this second drought. Planted just at the beginning, plots germinated, and now no rain and hot condition for weeks. I'm going to have replant everything.

348Winchester

My plots are going to get wiped out by this second drought. Planted just at the beginning, plots germinated, and now no rain and hot condition for weeks. I'm going to have replant everything.
Are you not getting morning fogs and dew enough to limp through?

348Winchester

Nope. Soil in plots is dust. Only place newly germinated plants are hanging on is in heavy shade areas, and clay patches that stay wet the longest.
Man that's horrible. It's not pleasant when you put so much into something just to watch it wither and die. It's been dry here on the northern plateau but we have had ample fogs and dew to carry plots through.

Latest posts