Vrabel fired?

BSK

Is Jeff Fisher available? I always liked him!
I will always have a soft spot for Jeff Fisher. He was our coach during our best years. But he was also our coach during our worst years, and he ended up with a .500 record as a coach. Vrabel has the best winning percentage of any of the Titans' coaches, and he has done that with FAR less talent than Fisher had available.

I firmly believe Vrabel will be the next coach of the Patriots. Belichick is on his way out at New England. Turns out, he wasn't a very good coach without Brady.

BMan

The only sport I used to keep up with was boxing and that was several years ago.
Julio Cesar Chavez was my hero.
I believe my last heavyweight fights were the three matches between Evander Holyfield and Riddick Bowe (I used to have all three recorded on VHS tapes)
I may have watched a few pay per views after that but the rumor was that Don King was further corrupting an already somewhat corrupt sport to begin with idk. Sorry to rant and derail this thread, I was having flashbacks 😂

Who was it used to have Friday night fights every week? Saw some absolutely great fights, a couple which one Fight of the Year honors.

I like to watch the lower weight classes, as they are going at it full-speed; the higher the weight, the less action.

BMan

I will always have a soft spot for Jeff Fisher. He was our coach during our best years. But he was also our coach during our worst years, and he ended up with a .500 record as a coach. Vrabel has the best winning percentage of any of the Titans' coaches, and he has done that with FAR less talent than Fisher had available.

I firmly believe Vrabel will be the next coach of the Patriots. Belichick is on his way out at New England. Turns out, he wasn't a very good coach without Brady.

Fisher didn't have the killer instinct required of a coach; he was far too content to kick field goals while the other team was scoring touchdowns.

Can't speak to Vrabel, because I quit watching the nfl when the nfl turned its back on Americans.

BSK

Not to get too far off topic, but I'll never understand the sport of boxing. In almost every other sport, everything is about try to reduce concussions and head injuries. And then you have boxing - the point of which is to give your opponent a concussion. Odd...

BMan

Not to get too far off topic, but I'll never understand the sport of boxing. In almost every other sport, everything is about try to reduce concussions and head injuries. And then you have boxing - the point of which is to give your opponent a concussion. Odd...

The best shots aren't head shots. A good liver punch and it's lights out.

Creek

Who was it used to have Friday night fights every week? Saw some absolutely great fights, a couple which one Fight of the Year honors.

I like to watch the lower weight classes, as they are going at it full-speed; the higher the weight, the less action.

I dont remember who used to have the Friday night bouts but I want to say that one network used to have something on Tuesday nights as well.
I can appreciate the lightweights but the Bowe Holyfield fights were so awesome. There was practically no hanging on each other time compared to most heavyweights imo. Toe to toe action. My brother was more like you in that he liked the speed with good thumpers every once in a while for the ko.

PillsburyDoughboy

I've always considered the announcement that the oilers were moving here to be the beginning of the end for middle Tennessee, the people started coming shortly thereafter and it's only gotten worse as the years have gone on. My quality of life has been going down ever since they got here.
And the property taxes and everything else just sky rocketed. Terrible move for Nashville. And now they are going to build a new stadium and suck the city dry some more.

Spurhunter

ESPN is reporting Mike Vrabel has been fired by the Titans. If this is true, what a massive mistake. Best coach the Titans have ever had.
I defer to your expertise on all things whitetail deer, but I must disagree here. Perhaps he was the best coach, but the last 2 years were horrible. He was ultra-conservative on both sides of the ball. The play calling, especially on offense was....offensive! They completely wasted Derrick Henry. If Vrabel's coordinators were at fault he should've fired them.

Hardwoodmaterials

Vrabel sabotaged himself behind the scenes with the Titans so he could go to New England and be the head coach up there next year. Titans have been below average for the last two seasons and need a rebuild especially on the O line.

BSK

I defer to your expertise on all things whitetail deer, but I must disagree here. Perhaps he was the best coach, but the last 2 years were horrible. He was ultra-conservative on both sides of the ball. The play calling, especially on offense was....offensive! They completely wasted Derrick Henry. If Vrabel's coordinators were at fault he should've fired them.
They did fire last year's Offensive Coordinator. Because his play-calling was so predictable. Play-calling was better this year.

But the Titans troubles haven't been because of coaching, they have been a terrible offensive line. Defensive lineman are now so fast and strong, if you don't have a good offensive line, it doesn't matter how good your Quarterback is. He's not going to complete many passes with defensive lineman hanging all over him 1.5 seconds after the snap. Tannehill is actually a pretty good QB. He was terrible last year and parts of this year because the offensive line is so bad. They gave the stats for each of our lineman individually on how often they are beat by the defender. Three of the strters were worst in the league for their position. One was second worst and one was third worst.

And who chooses the players? The GM, not the coach. They fired the GM last year and brought in a guy that will clean house. Total rebuild. Not so sure that's a good idea, but that's what's going to happen.

Spurhunter

They did fire last year's Offensive Coordinator. Because his play-calling was so predictable. Play-calling was better this year.

But the Titans troubles haven't been because of coaching, they have been a terrible offensive line. Defensive lineman are now so fast and strong, if you don't have a good offensive line, it doesn't matter how good your Quarterback is. He's not going to complete many passes with defensive lineman hanging all over him 1.5 seconds after the snap. Tannehill is actually a pretty good QB. He was terrible last year and parts of this year because the offensive line is so bad. They gave the stats for each of our lineman individually on how often they are beat by the defender. Three of the strters were worst in the league for their position. One was second worst and one was third worst.

And who chooses the players? The GM, not the coach. They fired the GM last year and brought in a guy that will clean house. Total rebuild. Not so sure that's a good idea, but that's what's going to happen.
I agree the O line was atrocious, but on the rare occasion they ran Henry to the outside he gained yards. But they insisted on running him up the middle 95% of the time. You are correct that terrible O line is a huge handicap, but there are plays that are more effective than others.

Iglow

Ha!

I think those outside Nashville have no concept of how much money an NFL team brings into the city. It's many, many millions in jobs and taxes revenues.
And people, the titans were the seed for the "it" city, that "it" status has destroyed most everything that made the old Nashville unique, it has also driven its leftward trend. Prior to the nfl coming Nashville was not that bad of a place, it was fun to visit, now it sucks.

PillsburyDoughboy

Ha!

I think those outside Nashville have no concept of how much money an NFL team brings into the city. It's many, many millions in jobs and taxes revenues.
And how much are they paying out ? Give me that answer then we can talk.

Latest posts