Vols vs Cats

scn

So not calling a single timeout on the way to a 20 pt 1st half deficit was the way to handle it?
I didn't see a time a timeout would have helped their awful shooting. They got their shots. They just didn't go in. I remember about five three point attempts that were about half way down and came out.

It is interesting to watch the LOMs have nothing good to say when the Vols play a good game, but want to bash Barnes when they don't.

scn

Somebody give me the cliff notes. I'm the mountains with my wife and been hiking with no service all day.
The Vols couldn't buy a shot, and put the Cats at the foul line way too much in the first half (btw-not complaining about the officiating). KY was something like 12 of 13 from the line in the first half. TN was 4-18 from the line for the game, including several 1-1 situations. And, the Vols were something like 1-14 from the 3 in the first half.

I think KY was up 18 at the half. The Vols cut it to single digits a couple of time in the second half only to miss an open shot or do something dumb. They could never get over the hump. KY was by far the better team today.

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
I didn't see a time a timeout would have helped their awful shooting. They got their shots. They just didn't go in. I remember about five three point attempts that were about half way down and came out.

It is interesting to watch the LOMs have nothing good to say when the Vols play a good game, but want to bash Barnes when they don't.
Good grief

wayne

That's the second time you've used "LOM". It's hard to have a cute and witty acronym when nobody knows what you're talking about.

scn

That's the second time you've used "LOM". It's hard to have a cute and witty acronym when nobody knows what you're talking about.
Most Vol fans are familiar with it. It comes straight from Johnny Majors. He called the fair weather fans that never did anything but fluffy kitten and whine when things didn't go well the "Legions of the Miserables".

LOMs.

Last edited:

scn

And, in case it needs further explaining, Johnny Majors was an All-American football player for the Vols. He should have won the Heisman, but got cheated out of it by voters for Paul Hornung.

He later coached the Vols to at least one (I think) SEC championship. He is recognized as one of the Vols better head coaches.

Last edited:

Wildcat

What's different with Kentucky is Tyler Ulis is back as a student coach. He played at UK 7-8 years ago as a guard, he was on the team that went 38-1. He was the "floor coach" every time he played the game. At 5' 9" he turned pro playing for the Phoenix Suns then last Feb he was hit head-on by a wrong-way driver ending his playing days. Coach Cal called him up saying he still had 2 years on his UK scholarship so he came back and that made him eligible to be a student assistant for the basketball team. The very first game he helped coach the team was at Knoxville. Since then UK players have made some major changes and are playing better each day. I hope he stays forever.

PalsPal

The very first game he helped coach the team was at Knoxville. Since then UK players have made some major changes and are playing better each day. I hope he stays forever.

This speaks volumes. Did Cal move the PAID assistant coaches down the bench one seat so this guy could sit next to him :rolleyes: ?

And, where was he in the Arkansas and Georgia games?

Roost hit it. With Oscar in the middle, TN does not match up well. He was the player of the year last year for a reason. And, KY has the athletes to give TN shooters fits. If you lined both teams up side by side, KY would have the better "athlete" at every position.

And, momentum in college basketball is huge. Had TN made a few of the shots that went half way down and came out, it would have made a big difference. But, they didn't.

There have been years when we were down that a win over KY would be huge, and it is frustrating to lose. But, this year isn't one of them. We're in the tourney and playing for seeding at this point.

Latest posts