Va youth day. Update buck down !!

Jaahspike

Thanks guys. He loves reading all the responses. Here's last years buck. Of course he compares every deer to it now. Never had it officially scored. But figured around 145. Last years buck and this years was killed within 25 yards of each other
This kid is a freaking deer slayer!!!! Also agree completely with a previous post that said HAPPY MAKES THE TROPHY!!!!!

Speedwell-Hunter

Thanks guys. He loves reading all the responses. Here's last years buck. Of course he compares every deer to it now. Never had it officially scored. But figured around 145. Last years buck and this years was killed within 25 yards of each other
Based on your photo, my estimate gross score B&C for your deer is:

148 points.

Due to slight asymmetry they would knock off a few for the larger G4s on the right (of note his G2s and G3s are similar in size and are just really big!). Otherwise, your estimate and mine are almost dead on. I can tell this deer has great mass by the way your son is holding the antler on the left, his finger is almost wrapped around it and it shows the true mass of this deer. Really unbelievable deer, considering he is barely outside of the B&C record book (needs 160).

I would get it scored officially, there is a chance it could break into the 150s due to the insane mass. Again though, it will be docked a few for the asymmetry, and may push it back into the high 140s. Please keep us updated if you get a score on the brute. IMO, this is still a trophy, at least I dream of a deer like this, and he achieved it at his age already!

Tn_Va_Hunter

I would get last year's officially scored

I'll provide my own estimate here in a few minutes! Talking to a man about a horse at work atm!
Only measurement I did was a 19.5 inside spread. Don't really care for scores. He killed it when he was 9. He was hanging around a lot near the food plot and upper field. So we set up in between. He came out about 2 hours before dark in the upper field. 50 yard shot. He's a good shot and learning to be a great hunter. He's passed many 6,7,8 points that he just didn't want to shoot. Very mature for his age. Not only in hunting but in life. He was also saved and Baptized last year. I couldn't be any happier If I tried.

Tn_Va_Hunter

Based on your photo, my estimate gross score B&C for your deer is:

148 points.

Due to slight asymmetry they would knock off a few for the larger G4s on the right (of note his G2s and G3s are similar in size and are just really big!). Otherwise, your estimate and mine are almost dead on. I can tell this deer has great mass by the way your son is holding the antler on the left, his finger is almost wrapped around it and it shows the true mass of this deer. Really unbelievable deer, considering he is barely outside of the B&C record book (needs 160).

I would get it scored officially, there is a chance it could break into the 150s due to the insane mass. Again though, it will be docked a few for the asymmetry, and may push it back into the high 140s. Please keep us updated if you get a score on the brute. IMO, this is still a trophy, at least I dream of a deer like this, and he achieved it at his age already!
True story. After he killed the buck. It went viral around my area and I had ppl calling from over 2 hours away to hunt my 38 acres. Which borders thousands of acres of national Forrest. To which this deer walked off of. Got so bad. The game warden not had a key to my gate. He sat behind it last year and busted 10 ppl trespassing on me. We are good buddies now

Speedwell-Hunter

True story. After he killed the buck. It went viral around my area and I had ppl calling from over 2 hours away to hunt my 38 acres. Which borders thousands of acres of national Forrest. To which this deer walked off of. Got so bad. The game warden not had a key to my gate. He sat behind it last year and busted 10 ppl trespassing on me. We are good buddies now
That is crazy.

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
Wait...I never got invited to hunt....I was shocked to hear about all the people that knew about it with in hours of him killing it.

Tn_Va_Hunter

Wait...I never got invited to hunt....I was shocked to hear about all the people that knew about it with in hours of him killing it.
You always have a open invitation to come hunt buddy. Just say the word.

Honest to goodness. I had a guy call me from 4 hours away. Said he seen it on Facebook looked up the name of the taxidermist who posted it and found my name on there. Looked me up by county database. Called to ask if him and his son could come hunt lol.

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
You always have a open invitation to come hunt buddy. Just say the word.

Honest to goodness. I had a guy call me from 4 hours away. Said he seen it on Facebook looked up the name of the taxidermist who posted it and found my name on there. Looked me up by county database. Called to ask if him and his son could come hunt lol.
it's crazy that people think, you kill one and people think your place is full of large deer.