Va youth day. Update buck down !!

Speedwell-Hunter

Update. 8 point down. Not huge. But he's happy. We are headed back for round 2
Man, another kid with a great deer, better deer than I have ever got!

I enjoy estimating B&C (Boone and Crockett) scores for white tail;

• I like to practice so when I am in the field I can estimate on the fly.
  • It is fun to see what folks are shooting and engage.
  • All my scores are based on photos you posted to here, thus it may not be accurate. Normal B&C scores are done with a 1/4-inch wide flexible steel tape to the nearest one-eighth of an inch. I do not go to the 1/8 inch. I do whole inches and go off photos and use things in the photos for approximate references!
  • Also, I do gross score and don't do the whole subtract for atypical stuff.
  • Of note, circumference (mass) is tough to gauge off of photos

Based on your photo, my estimate B&C for your deer is:

105 points.

Due to error, I would add another 3-5 points or so, final estimated B&C of 108 points.

Tn_Va_Hunter

Thanks guys. He loves reading all the responses. Here's last years buck. Of course he compares every deer to it now. Never had it officially scored. But figured around 145. Last years buck and this years was killed within 25 yards of each other

Attachments

• DA182BB2-C019-4859-92F0-5825CA5D193E.jpeg
    DA182BB2-C019-4859-92F0-5825CA5D193E.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 43

Speedwell-Hunter

Thanks guys. He loves reading all the responses. Here's last years buck. Of course he compares every deer to it now. Never had it officially scored. But figured around 145. Last years buck and this years was killed within 25 yards of each other
Last years buck was a GIANT! Looks like trophy class size, for a teenager! Unbelievable

How is this possible? What a darn good hunter

Speedwell-Hunter

I would get last year's officially scored

I'll provide my own estimate here in a few minutes! Talking to a man about a horse at work atm!