First Buck Down

Specializedjon

My good friend brought his son out yesterday to hunt for the second time in his 13 yrs. The odds of seeing let alone shooting a deer were slim. New rifle, he only shot it one, getting on paper at 50 yds, never shot anything in his life and yes….my horses…ugh.

Got it the blind with him and his Dad early and went over the scenarios and how fast it happens and to be ready. He was anxious/excited to say the least. Didn't see anything all morning and I was starting to wonder. Horses did their part with walking into the plot and loitering a while. 😂

I said "be ready"….and out walks a buck at 220 yds. Not chasing, just cruising. He got the rifle up and his Dad said "shoot him"…(bang)

I was watching through the Binos and saw his butt drop slightly. I said "I think you hit him but it was back"

We backed out and went back to the house for breakfast. Walked back out an hour and a half later and he was laying in the brush 30 yds from where he was shot.

The smile on his face says it all. Life changing for a young man. After a field dressing lesson, we got him back to the shop and got him processed.

He's gonna be a special mount and a great story for years to come.

He and his Dad on the quad, he and I in my shop.

It was a good day. Thank you Lord

Attachments

• IMG_3160.jpeg
    IMG_3160.jpeg
    638.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3166.jpeg
    IMG_3166.jpeg
    696.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3600.jpeg
    IMG_3600.jpeg
    352.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3164.jpeg