Va youth day BBD 10pt

Tn_Va_Hunter

Got my son up at 430 this morning. He's 9. Killed 7 deer prior. Mostly small bucks. One decent 8. Had high hopes today because of the cooler weather And cams showing good picture movement. We got in stand just before 6am. Spooked a couple out as we walked in. Daylight rolls in and nothing. Fields empty. About 9 it fired up. First was a nice 4 point. Really tall. Long tines. Then 23 does all day long. Going everywhere. At 645 I look into the corner of the field and there he stood. Like a statue. I try getting my son situated and during the process hit the blind with the gun barrel. Loudest noise ever. Buck runs. But right in front of us. And stops. Broadside. 60 yards. He shoots And he drops. Then he proceeds to kick. Had to put another one in him. To which he did well. But walking up to the deer we couldn't believe our eyes. Crab claws made a day time appearance. Talk about jumping and hugging and high fly's going everywhere. I proceed to walk to tractor to get skinning knife. When I turned around. He was down on one knee. Thanking his Jesus (was baptized last month) I cried like a baby. Such a pretty prayer. It was a great day to sit with my son. Seen a lot. Talked a lot. Ate a lot. Even took a nap or 2. But I wouldn't change how it went for nothing. And he's ready to go tomorrow. Hope y'all enjoy. Took him to the taxi who rough scored him 146 ish.

Attachments

• 897F70E6-482C-4B2C-80F1-B0A95F38CAD8.jpeg
    897F70E6-482C-4B2C-80F1-B0A95F38CAD8.jpeg
    446.5 KB · Views: 374
  • 345FC2E0-7D08-4544-9C25-33E684BC01B9.jpeg
    345FC2E0-7D08-4544-9C25-33E684BC01B9.jpeg
    548.6 KB · Views: 375
  • 9525E588-A292-41C8-80E1-CB35305B7549.jpeg
    9525E588-A292-41C8-80E1-CB35305B7549.jpeg
    536.1 KB · Views: 373

Andy S.

It does not get any better than this. Taking a kid, especially your own and then you can say this: "It was a great day to sit with my son. Seen a lot. Talked a lot. Ate a lot. Even took a nap or 2. But I wouldn't change how it went for nothing." The kill is nice and the cherry on top, but the part I quoted is what it is all about.

Congrats to you both, and thanks for sharing. What kind of field were you hunting? Ag, hay, pasture? What rifle/caliber/bullet? Anxious to see this buck when you get him back from taxi.

Chiflyguy

Got my son up at 430 this morning. He's 9. Killed 7 deer prior. Mostly small bucks. One decent 8. Had high hopes today because of the cooler weather And cams showing good picture movement. We got in stand just before 6am. Spooked a couple out as we walked in. Daylight rolls in and nothing. Fields empty. About 9 it fired up. First was a nice 4 point. Really tall. Long tines. Then 23 does all day long. Going everywhere. At 645 I look into the corner of the field and there he stood. Like a statue. I try getting my son situated and during the process hit the blind with the gun barrel. Loudest noise ever. Buck runs. But right in front of us. And stops. Broadside. 60 yards. He shoots And he drops. Then he proceeds to kick. Had to put another one in him. To which he did well. But walking up to the deer we couldn't believe our eyes. Crab claws made a day time appearance. Talk about jumping and hugging and high fly's going everywhere. I proceed to walk to tractor to get skinning knife. When I turned around. He was down on one knee. Thanking his Jesus (was baptized last month) I cried like a baby. Such a pretty prayer. It was a great day to sit with my son. Seen a lot. Talked a lot. Ate a lot. Even took a nap or 2. But I wouldn't change how it went for nothing. And he's ready to go tomorrow. Hope y'all enjoy. Took him to the taxi who rough scored him 146 ish.
Great job young man!

tree_ghost

That's an incredible hunt and entire day of lifelong memories. What an emotional moment to watch your children humble themselves In prayer before Almighty God! Congratulations to the both of you!

Latest posts