UT fans must be a little nervous.....

Spurhunter

mtn cur":1sh3fkke said:
farmin68":1sh3fkke said:
You are just willfully ignorant.That's the end of it.

^^^ THIS
Yet neither of you two idgits can prove me wrong on anything I've said. Classic. You don't have to like me but if you can't prove me wrong "ignorant" isn't the insult I would use.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

mtn cur

all those wins and he can't keep missouri or florida from going to the SECCG
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

farmin68

mtn cur":27xwo1gh said:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I'm still laughing at winningest coach tag.. If the football world operated on that kind of logic, Johnny Majors would have had a lifetime contract at UT and Joe Montana would still be starting for the 49ers. :D :mrgreen:

Spurhunter

farmin68":24d4u5fg said:
mtn cur":24d4u5fg said:

I'm still laughing at winningest coach tag.. If the football world operated on that kind of logic, Johnny Majors would have had a lifetime contract at UT and Joe Montana would still be starting for the 49ers. :D :mrgreen:
Joe Montana was a head coach? Didn't know that. So, you are saying Butch Jones is NOT the winningest head coach in the SEC east?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

gator-n-buck

Spurhunter":1hhqqkn9 said:
Why would Tennessee fire the winningest coach in the SEC East (by far)? Jones has over twice as many head coaching wins as the DISTANT second Jim Mcelwain.

This isn't correct.... Will Muschamp is the winningest coach in the SEC East.. I guess CBJ held on to that title for a week until SC hired CWM, who has more wins as a HC in the SEC. The funny part is that UF fired the winningest coach in the SEC East... :rotf: :rotf:

I guess you didnt realize that CBJ has a winning % of .541 and CJM has a winning % of .831. Also CBJ has only won 20 regular season games in 3 seasons and CJM has won half those games (10) in one regular season.... :)

UT was picked to finish 1st or 2nd in the SEC East and UF was picked to finish 5th in the SEC East. Head to head CBJ is 0-1 against CJM a first year coach. Not sure that I would just yet, put up a statue of CBJ in front of Neyland Stadium.... :)

Scioto

Yep and Alabama is just an Arkansas 4th and 25 miracle against Ole Miss away from playing Houston in the Peach Bowl.

BamaProud

OHVATN":20rop40w said:
Yep and Alabama is just an Arkansas 4th and 25 miracle against Ole Miss away from playing Houston in the Peach Bowl.

But in the real world they are playing in the College Playoff for the second year in a row. No other team in the country has been twice.

mtn cur

BamaProud":2uxg56mw said:
OHVATN":2uxg56mw said:

But in the real world they are playing in the College Playoff for the second year in a row. No other team in the country has been twice.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] he slooooooow[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scioto

farmin68":zgz0x88g said:
mtn cur":zgz0x88g said:

They are allowing 5-7 teams to play in the Poolan Snowblower bowls this year. Just think, if your team could have beaten The Citadel, it would only have needed one more win to qualify. Instead, go ahead and jump on the Bammer Bandwagon. Those idiots don't know any better.

Scioto

BamaProud":lmocn195 said:
OHVATN":lmocn195 said:

No, the reality is Alabama backed into that SEC championship game. Alabama didn't pull the rabbit out of its hat against Ole Miss. That was an Arkansas miracle. Without that 4th and 25 miracle, Ole Miss wins, Ole Miss plays in the SEC championship game, and Stanford is in the CFP. Yes, two years in a row so a hearty congrats, but Alabama is in as much because of luck and another team's miracle play as anything Alabama did on the field. That is a fact Jack.

Zulu

OHVATN":1b75wxql said:
Without that 4th and 25 miracle, Ole Miss wins, Ole Miss plays in the SEC championship game, and Stanford is in the CFP.

Maybe, maybe not -- we'll never know for sure. I'd bet that if Ole Miss stopped Arkansas that the committee would have found some way to "tweak" their criteria and get Bama in above Stanford. Like you said in an earlier post "it's brand baby." I just can't see the NCAA letting an 11-1 team from the most profitable football market sit out the playoffs while an 11-2 Pac-12 (with it's notoriously lower tv ratings) champ got in. It would hurt the advertising revenue too much. Luckily for the committee, Arkansas pulled off the improbable and they were able to get the four teams (or at least conferences) in the playoffs that they wanted without having to resort to any "funny" math. But, like I said to start off, we'll never know for sure.

OHVATN":1b75wxql said:
That is a fact Jack.
[youtube]2o0V6VPX_E0[/youtube]

Scioto

Zulu":2m5a1m1u said:
OHVATN":2m5a1m1u said:
Without that 4th and 25 miracle, Ole Miss wins, Ole Miss plays in the SEC championship game, and Stanford is in the CFP.

Maybe, maybe not -- we'll never know for sure. I'd bet that if Ole Miss stopped Arkansas that the committee would have found some way to "tweak" their criteria and get Bama in above Stanford. Like you said in an earlier post "it's brand baby." I just can't see the NCAA letting an 11-1 team from the most profitable football market sit out the playoffs while an 11-2 Pac-12 (with it's notoriously lower tv ratings) champ got it. It would hurt the advertising revenue too much. Luckily for the committee, Arkansas pulled off the improbable and they were able to get the four teams (or at least conferences) in the playoffs that they wanted without having to resort to any "funny" math. But, like I said to start off, we'll never know for sure.

OHVATN":2m5a1m1u said:
That is a fact Jack.
[youtube]2o0V6VPX_E0[/youtube]

Riiiiiight. Your use of the English language is too proficient for me to believe that deep down your brain actually believes anything in that post you just wrote.

I guess that's why the Committee used their "funny math" to rank Ohio State ahead of Stanford and Iowa. Oh wait, they didn't. Then, I guess it's because Stanford and Iowa have a greater "brand value" than the defending national champions Ohio State. No, that's not it either.

I prefer to take Long at his word that a 13th game in both of their cases and a conf championship in the case of Stanford justified ranking both teams higher than Ohio State. And he's correct. Applying that same logic to Alabama, in the absence of the Arkansas 4th and 25 miracle, your team's appearance in the CFP has as much to do with luck as it does with on-field accomplishment.

The same can be said for Sparty. Had ttun's punter not fumbled the snap ......

There could just be such a karmic convergence in Jerry Land on Dec 31 that I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that place for fear that everything and everyone could vaporize into thin air at any moment. The two luckiest teams in all of this season's college football will be going at it. Who woulda thunk it.

Zulu

OHVATN":3l5u3ax3 said:
Riiiiiight. Your use of the English language is too proficient for me to believe that deep down your brain actually believes anything in that post you just wrote.

Thanks for the compliment, but just because you may think I'm smarter than the average bear doesn't mean that I can't be both a cynic and a realist. Let's face it, when we boil all the records, loyalties, one-upmanship, and hype away, the CFP is really about $money$. Big money -- $7.3 Billion over 12 years (a man could get by on that kind of cash :D ). The SEC and Big-10 are BY FAR the most profitable conferences in college football. ESPN wants those conferences' fans watching the CFP. I find it very difficult to believe that the selection committee could not help but feel intense pressure to somehow get both an SEC and a Big-10 school into the playoffs. The Big-10 was already in. Who would they have chosen from the SEC, an 11-1 Alabama or a 11-2 Ole Miss/Florida winner? The cynic is me says they'd have somehow "cooked-the-books," decided that conference championships don't really matter that much after all, and put Bama in at #4. But, like I said, "We'll never know."

OHVATN":3l5u3ax3 said:
I guess that's why the Committee used their "funny math" to rank Ohio State ahead of Stanford and Iowa. Oh wait, they didn't. Then, I guess it's because Stanford and Iowa have a greater "brand value" than the defending national champions Ohio State.

You know better than that -- rankings really don't mean much for #'s 5-8: they're not going to the CFP and they're pretty-much guaranteed New-Year's 6 bowls, so the committee can afford to be altruistic there. It's not a money issue, so they can bang on their chests and point to Stanford over Ohio State and say "See, we DO mean it when we say conference championships are REALLY important."

All that being said, we're just throwing "what-might-have-beens" at each other knowing it's impossible to resolve. The facts are that Arkansas DID convert the 4th and 25, MSU DID block the punt, and we ended up with CFP that we have. Everything else is conjecture and makes my head hurt.

My apologies to the OP -- how we got from UT contract extensions to this discussion is the ultimate in thread-creep.

farmin68

OHVATN":2lfp2qew said:
farmin68":2lfp2qew said:
mtn cur":2lfp2qew said:

They are allowing 5-7 teams to play in the Poolan Snowblower bowls this year. Just think, if your team could have beaten The Citadel, it would only have needed one more win to qualify. Instead, go ahead and jump on the Bammer Bandwagon. Those idiots don't know any better.

Do you even know which team I pull for?
And who are the idiots you are referring to?

Latest posts