using a heater in a tent

Nsghunter

I was curious if anyone uses a heater in a tent or camper(20 feet, hard sided) without heat? I need something to increase the temperature from maybe 20 degrees up to 40 degrees.

What type do you use? I have seen the buddy heaters, there is a small unit for $69.99 a medium unit for in between a very large one for $169.99 that takes two small cylinders or one 20lb. I wouldn't want to buy one until I found out;
1. If they are not safe to use while awake(I will turn off during sleep) in a tent or camper.
2. Are they worth the investment?
3. Which one is best for the money?
4. What are you guys using and how are you using them?
I read that propane is dangerous for carbon monoxide, if this is so why doesn't this matter for propane fireplaces or heaters?

PillsburyDoughboy

I've got the little buddy heater and I can tell you it's plenty safe. It has auto shut off if you tip it off and a sensor to tell you if you are getting carbon monoxide leak.

The little buddy just knocks the chill off . I've often thought about stepping up to the larger unit but I have some killer sleeping bags.,Wiggys brand sleeping bags that will damn near suffocate you in anything above 0.

I do love mine though as I do like the chill knocked off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gravey

I have the little buddy that I originally used in my camper that's 20' and it worked fine. My brother in law thought we needed the bigger one so he bought it and thats what we use. It has three settings and the majority of the time I only turn it on the lowest setting about an hour before going to bed and thats if the temps are 40ish or below. I then turn it off when going to bed and will leave it off all night most of the time but sometimes kick it back on for a little but again depends on the temps. On high it will run you out. The weekend before Thanksgiving I used it one night but didn't the other. They have a shutoff on them but I also have a separate carbon monoxide detector just in case.

280longshot

I use the big buddy heater in my tent , it's a 10x10 Kodiak tent with ventilation to keep the condensation down. I hook a 20 lb. tank with a 6ft hose with the tank outside the tent. They are safe for indoors but use caution like others said. Generally low heat is all I need but sometimes depending on the outside temp I may use medium heat.

Forvols

280longshot":3q4n3fjs said:
I use the big buddy heater in my tent , it's a 10x10 Kodiak tent with ventilation to keep the condensation down. I hook a 20 lb. tank with a 6ft hose with the tank outside the tent. They are safe for indoors but use caution like others said. Generally low heat is all I need but sometimes depending on the outside temp I may use medium heat.

Same setup I have -- I am impressed with the Kodiak deluxe tent and the Big Buddy heater. Almost bought the smaller buddy heater but glad I got the big buddy. Also recommend getting a carbon monoxide detector and always leave some ventilation open when using the heater in a tent. If you stay where electric is a available you can also use an electric heater.

bulld

wouldn't hunt without a buddy, most days I have nothing on but the pilot just to knock the chill off, just knowing its there will keep you in the stand longer!