updated my ice cream recipe

WTM

2 c heavy cream
1 cup milk (i use 2% and i think its perfect)
2/3 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt
6 large egg yolks(whisked until frothy in a seperate bowl)
2 tsp vanilla (1 tsp if adding other flavorings)

probably the perfect fat content that ive made yet. if you want fruit, i would puree, add 2-3 tbl sp of sugar and cook on low for 30 minutes, then cool. this evaporates the moisture and keeps it from turning to rocks in the cream.

in a double boiler mix both milks, sugar and salt and heat until a little steamy. take a ladle and slowly stream into eggs while whisking like hell. repeat 2 more times. now take the egg mixture and slowing stream into double boiler milk and whisk like hell. keep heating and gently whisking until 170-180 degrees or so. youll see it when it begins to thicken. turn off heat and add vanilla or fruit flavorings. cool down and place in frig for at least 8 hours to overnight. churn until done.

makes 1.5 quarts. perfect amount for small tabletop maker. can double or triple for l/2 to 1 gallon churns.

04AEF3DC-F60E-41B4-BA4D-A3CFBD332A23.jpeg

WTM

or take 1 cup of the heavy cream, add a couple tablespoons of confectioner sugar. mix on high speed until whipped topping consistency and add back into the cooled custard.

itll make it slighly sweeter but the fat and protein ratio will be the same. besides home made cool whip just plain tastes better lol.

my problem with adding anymore fat is, that while creamy, the fat coats my lips like chap stick.

Latest posts