Unit CWD - Extended Season

TNCharlie

I just want to make sure I'm reading the hunting guide correctly.

Wayne County is in unit CWD. The season is open in Unit CWD through Jan 31 with a limit of 3 antlered deer and 3 does/day. Right? And I know that I can only bring deboned meat out of Unit CWD. I've not taken advantage of this before and want to make sure I'm not screwing up.

Also I believe that Lewis County is now in Unit CWD. Was the CWD positive deer in Lewis county close enough to Hickman County that Hickman county is also in Unit CWD (or CWD high risk zone)?

Big Pop

1705609223098.png

Glad I am not currently dealing with that!

Omega

I just want to make sure I'm reading the hunting guide correctly.

Wayne County is in unit CWD. The season is open in Unit CWD through Jan 31 with a limit of 3 antlered deer and 3 does/day. Right? And I know that I can only bring deboned meat out of Unit CWD. I've not taken advantage of this before and want to make sure I'm not screwing up.

Also I believe that Lewis County is now in Unit CWD. Was the CWD positive deer in Lewis county close enough to Hickman County that Hickman county is also in Unit CWD (or CWD high risk zone)?
No, unit CWD is just the purple shaded ones, the others are just CWD positive that have all the restrictions but none of the extras.
Hunter incentive programs may not be applicable to all CWD affected counties. Those hunting in Unit CWD (Chester, Crockett, Fayette, Gibson, Hardeman, Haywood, Henderson, Madison, McNairy, Lauderdale, Shelby, and Tipton counties) have access to each of these programs. Those hunting in Unit L (Carroll, Decatur, Dyer, Hardin, Henry, Lake, Lewis, Wayne, and Weakley Counties) have access to the Fight CWD Incentive Program and the Replacement Buck Program, but NOT the Unit CWD Earn-a-buck Program.

1705610179985.png

TNCharlie

Hmmm.. That map may not be up-to-date. But I'm not going to take a chance. I don't need another deer this year. I think Hardin and Wayne county are now in Unit CWD. Maybe not.

Attachments

• CWD Map.jpg
    CWD Map.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 18

backyardtndeer

Not that I have any intentions of taking 3, but I didn't realize we are allowed 3 bucks. I need to look back at the regs.

Wayne may have been added though, best to call your regional office and ask them directly.

cbhunter

This is CWD Management Zone map (think carcass transportation regs, feeding regs, etc), not to be confused with Unit CWD (hunting regs).

View attachment 212143
This is correct and also causes a lot of confusion. I'm sure there have been some illegal kills from people thinking they are following the regs. I bet they could beat it in court too

Antler Daddy

What a dumbass plan…make Lewis County CWD and it is probably less than 5 miles from Hickman. Has it been double confirmed by different tests?

Attachments

• F5A52E7E-6F92-4367-BBEC-EB8D80E4E432.jpeg
    F5A52E7E-6F92-4367-BBEC-EB8D80E4E432.jpeg
    227 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts