Unbelievable evening

Poleaxe

My son and I have been fighting hard to get him on a deer. So many days I've gone since our unsuccessful juvi hunt and days I go by myself I have alot of opportunities but can't seem to pull the trigger and ruin his chances. Then let him layout of school several times (only because he's a straight a student) to go in and everytime we haven't seen anything. Weekend hunts the same way. He's hunted so much and so hard this year and it was discouraging me too. I could care less for myself but just want to make him happy. I had a different feeling this evening. A place I been wanting to go to on our property with a NW wind. Got in at 345 after he got a back from school. Grabbed our blind on the way where we had it setup. Nothing until 535 I see a doe in the field. I knew it was a long shot but this little 8yr old can shoot. Several deer behind her but all does. I stopped her just one more step and he wouldn't have had a shot. I tell him to shoot. Dust settles and she's gone. Several other does followed her and changed directions and kinda angled towards us. I grab my gun and drop a doe. Another is standing just shy from his first shot and he shoots and drops her. It happened so quick. We packed up walked over to the closest two and they were both decent last years fawns and although I was skeptical I walked up the hill and came across a speck of blood. Little more and kept getting more of it right up to the fence line. He stayed while I walked down and crossed and came back up and just on the other side layed his first shot monster doe. His shot placement was perfect for any hunter. I measured his shots off and one was 155yrds and the other was 177yrds. Not just because he's my kid but that's a heck of a shot at that age. We practice it is the only reason I let him. Those berger bullets in his 243 had a better exit than my bergers do in my 270. It so fun seeing them kill but when it's father and son in the same time it was a unforgettable
memory.

Attachments

• 4EEDF4CC-EB9A-4908-8F94-1819C32DE325.jpeg
    4EEDF4CC-EB9A-4908-8F94-1819C32DE325.jpeg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,344

Simpleman.2

Congrats to you and your son John! I see deer jerky in the near future lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts