Unbelievable crop damage!

WilcoKen

I've noticed similar this year. They are eating the pulp outbof the stalks. Never seen that.

Trnr

That's a first for me too. In the video it looked like the deer was exhibiting the exact behavior found in this article (eating immature tassels). Hate that that's happening to your corn but thanks for sharing.

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
can't tell from the pic, but often fertilizer will not get applied as even, on the ends of the fields, resulting in stunted growth .
No, They are eating it!

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
All of my corn is RR. I planted early and was flooded out. 88 acres, approximately 25 acres was high enough ground to survive. I replanted and all was good till it wasnt. The interesting part is that they focused on the original 25 acres and still are. The replant is in ear now and for the most part it is made with limited damage but the original 25 acres is hammered! its largely 18 inches tall with an ear shoot. Its very interesting what corn will do to attempt to make a seed including suckers, single ear where the tassle belongs, a single grain in a tassle and more.
Mine are duck holes and tomorrow I am drilling millet into that 25 acres

Ski

Lots of folks reporting deer doing abnormal things this year, mostly related to food. They seem to be hungry for something. Nibbling the tip of an occasional corn leaf isn't abnormal but eating that much is weird. A little unrelated but I've noticed certain mineral sites are significantly more or less attractive than others, with the only tangible difference being the soil. Perhaps there's something localized to that immediate spot that makes the corn taste good?

Iglow

It's all good, I read somewhere back in the day corn crops were taken to market in hogs or booze. The corn was the money crop but transport of the corn itself was too expensive so the corn was fed to hogs and the hogs were driven to market then sold or it was distilled and sold.