Triple Seven Question...

lawdog

I'm shooting a T/C Encore. I want to shoot the Triple Seven granular powder. Does it matter whether I use ffg or fffg? If either one is acceptable, which one do you think performs better (velocity, energy, etc.)? Thanks a bunch!!

Kevin B.

The fffg is a finer granule than ffg. Therefore, 100 grains (in your volumetric measure) of fffg will have more weight than 100 grains of ffg. (You probably knew this, I'm just trying to be thorough) My choice is always the Triple 7 ffg for no other reason than that's all that Wal Mart handles. I would have to drive to Jackson for fffg. If I could get it locally, I'd use the fffg. Many claim that it ignites a bit quicker. Just use less fffg than ffg. I think a fair approximation would be 100 grains ffg (volume measured) is comparable to 85 grains of fffg. That is APPROXIMATELY. Hope this helps. By the way, I know several Encore users who prefer the fffg. And Omega users.

Encore Eye Candy

KB is correct and your going to get preferences like mine is 3F. Anyone getting into ML is like reloading you have to see what works best for you and what you are comfortable with. Good luck, oh 3f again 105 gr with shockwave.

Best group at 200 yds was a little under 1.5" out to 3".

CHRIS WILSON

I'm currently using 110 gr. of FFF with a 250 gr. barnes expander. Seems to burn very clean and produces nice groups. I'm shooting a Knight rolling block.

lawdog

Thank you guys for such good explanations. Have any of you guys ever tried the Barnes 285 grain Spit Fire Boattails? Now that I have read your posts, I'm thinking of trying that round with a powder load that works. Any comments or suggestions?

Latest posts