Tree Stand Screeching Lube

shirtshirt

Food grade mineral oil is scentless; and tasteless in case you want to lick your stand.
jeff daniels harry GIF by Dumb and Dumber To

SALTMAN

IMHO I would worry more about the squeak and not the solution,ie spray,oil,etc . My experience ,the deer react to human smell, not just anything foreign . They will be curious , maybe , the first time . Then pay it no attention . Including newly painted stands . WD does have a silicone spray . Works great .

savageman

Anybody ever lubricate their tree stands and/or ladders to keep them quiet? I think I might give it a go with some cold pressed walnut or pecan oil. I would think the odor should be non-alarming as walnuts & pecans are both native trees. Even if it doesn't work well to silent my stands, I can't imagine it could do any harm to try. Perhaps maybe it could encourage squirrel chewing. Noisy, screechy stands & ladders are something I mean to address in the off season and this was one idea. Just wondering if any of yall have tried anything similar???
I have used waxed unflavored dental floss. It worked for me. just wrap it into the seams that are squeeking.

Latest posts