Trail Cam Placement Schedule

Grandslam11

BSK's "Dead Zone" post got me thinking about timing of moving cameras. Do you all have a schedule you use for camera spots? I still have mine on salt but will transition to scrapes when they start popping up. When do you all start moving them?

Mr.Bro

I've pulled all but 1 that's on a salt lick.
Moved them all to locations I've never had a camera any where near.
In search mode now. Just looking for that really big buck.
Will move to previous scrapes and licking branches about mid
October.
You guys with new HP5s. It's an injustice to set up 20 feet from a salt block.
Put them on the field edge and reach out there. This is where they really shine.

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
I always have cameras in flux. Some stay put in proven places, some to take a pic every 15 minutes overlooking plots, saddles, unknown areas but some I move or change the view on constantly. Rarely do I leave a camera on a scrape long, if I even put one there to start with. It's nice to see all the 2 and 3 year olds parade the scrape line, just not what I'm looking for.

rem270

I usually leave mine over salt until about mid October. I know where several community scrapes are every year and if they aren't there yet I go ahead and make a mock scrape over it and pee in it and put the cams up. I'm ready to get to moving them over scrapes. Buck numbers have dropped drastically since Saturday for me. It's the time now where they are fixing to shed and won't be surprised to see some hard horn on my next pics.

JCDEERMAN

Keep on salt until about now, then I move to foodplots. New bucks showing up seem to show curiosity in them (maybe just taking inventory of where they're located and what food is available). Move to scrapes and funnels in mid October

Shed Hunter

I'm putting as many on scrapes as I can Saturday. Mostly because I know where the recurring scrapes are and I won't have to get near them until after I hunt.

BSK

I put cams on food sources until the end of September. Switch most cams to scrapes last few days of September in a good acorn year. Switch about half of cams to scrapes in a poor acorn year, leaving the other half on food plots all season long when acorns are not readily available.

Latest posts