Tracking Dog Rutherford County

Roadracer6

Anybody have any contacts for one? Shot a deer yesterday before the snow started to melt with a weird angle from above with my bow. Arrow is sticking out both sides and shot with a rage so I know it did some damage, arrow hit a little further back with the angle but I think I hit 1 lung/liver. I waited an hr before I got down (was worried about the melting snow), had good blood then the snow melted and it was nearly impossible to find. Ran onto some land I didn't have access too but I finally got the owners information and will be going back late morning today. I'm not sure if a dog will pick up on washed away blood, but I stopped tracking with the hopes of finding it today (plus I obviously needed permission). I requested permission on the Facebook page and I also went on united blood dog trackers site. Found 1 that is in the same county, Jennifer Watson, that I was going to reach out to this morning.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Gravey

Found these on a Facebook page (Tennessee Wounded Deer Recovery Network). Don't know either of them. Good luck! What part of the county?
057F0D1C-5509-4A77-BF8F-DDDDF1C05A24.jpegF7F013DD-B8C8-4F2E-B7AC-732B3AC8B098.jpeg

philsanchez76

Anybody have any contacts for one? Shot a deer yesterday before the snow started to melt with a weird angle from above with my bow. Arrow is sticking out both sides and shot with a rage so I know it did some damage, arrow hit a little further back with the angle but I think I hit 1 lung/liver. I waited an hr before I got down (was worried about the melting snow), had good blood then the snow melted and it was nearly impossible to find. Ran onto some land I didn't have access too but I finally got the owners information and will be going back late morning today. I'm not sure if a dog will pick up on washed away blood, but I stopped tracking with the hopes of finding it today (plus I obviously needed permission). I requested permission on the Facebook page and I also went on united blood dog trackers site. Found 1 that is in the same county, Jennifer Watson, that I was going to reach out to this morning.
Thanks!
think you did the right thing by backing out soon. ill follow this thread please update us. We are rooting for you and praying for ya.

TN Larry

I think getting a dog is the best bet. Here is an old list that shows Rutherford County trackers from TN Blood Trailing Network on FB. If you will PM me your phone number, I can post it on there for you as well.

Good luck and please update. It's a dead deer of you hit where you think you did and a good dog will find it.

912CC12B-2514-4F2A-A76B-5B65876CA758.png

Roadracer6

No luck. I brought them to where I shot the deer and she said the reaction of the dog was good and if it's not mortally injured the dog typically will refuse to follow the trail. It stayed on the trail good and followed it down to a creek. Dog kept circling in a gully but we couldn't find anything. I'll go back in a couple days and look for buzzards....ughh so sickening. I felt as if I made the right call to back out, sometimes it just doesn't work out I guess.

CrossVolle

No luck. I brought them to where I shot the deer and she said the reaction of the dog was good and if it's not mortally injured the dog typically will refuse to follow the trail. It stayed on the trail good and followed it down to a creek. Dog kept circling in a gully but we couldn't find anything. I'll go back in a couple days and look for buzzards....ughh so sickening. I felt as if I made the right call to back out, sometimes it just doesn't work out I guess.
I would trust that dog if it a reputable tracker. Those dogs are unreal. Typically if they react that way the deer is at least still alive. That is not to say it will not succumb to a wound in time but i would trust the canine here. They are unreal how they are able to use their senses to tell if it is dead or alive. Remember, in their world no dead deer typically means no reward.

Roadracer6

Sorry to hear that. Did she try picking back up the trail across the creek?
Yes, but didn't have anything solid on the other side and we honestly didn't see where it ran down the creek bank. Circled back and started over a few times just to be certain and the dog kept focusing on 1 specific area which we stayed in for a while going back and forth and looking around anything we could find.

philsanchez76

Sorry to hear. I've got hope you can still find him even if you don't recover the meat.

Latest posts