Deer tracking dog request- Henry County

Stayinthewoods

I hope you find him and get some closure. Two shots with a 7mm-08 , I don't know how a deer could survive that!
I know! It meant a lot to me as well because I got this gun from my father in law after he passed away. Besides checking to make sure it's still dialed in, those were the first shots from the gun since he shot it. And he LOVED LOVED tracking dogs and was training his own. Finding it with a dog would have been the perfect closure for a deer taken with his gun.

I am not giving up. I have to find this deer.

timberjack86

Had the same thing happen on private land many years ago. MY Dad shot a 6 pt in the cedars about 150 yds from a public road. He waited until I got to him to start tracking and we found PLENTY of blood. It went downhill into and overgrown field full of briars and honeysuckles but we stayed on the trail. About 100 yds before we got to the road, we could see it in plain sight, a truck comes down the road and stops. Guy gets out and starts dragging my Dad's deer up the bank! My Dad takes off toward them, I stay on the blood and track it right to the ditch where they grabbed it.
He caught them before they could start the truck and leave, my Dad didnt have his gun with him, but I did. The argument that ensued was one you wouldnt want to hear I promise you that! There were 3 of them in the truck and I just took a couple steps back and unslung my rifle. I was NOT going to kill somebody over a deer, but have no doubts, I would have killed all 3 of them if they had attacked my Dad. He kept looking at me and telling me to go get the truck but I wouldnt leave him in that mess! Dad had his knife in his hand and I have ZERO doubts that if I had walked away he would have gutted at least one of them before the other 2 could have shot him. Dad finally saw that I was NOT going to leave him and after a cussing that would make a sailor blush, we let them load the deer and drive off.
He chewed my arse up one side and down the other all the way home for not leaving him when he told me to. I finally told him I wasnt leaving him there and Id have killed every MF in that truck if they had laid a hand on him. After that, he never mentioned it again.
I don't understand at all why someone would want to steal a deer that wasn't theirs? Where are these people at when I ask if anyone wants a deer? My buddy had the same thing happen to his dad about 5 years ago at AEDC. It was a 4 point !People are flipping crazy!

ImThere

I don't understand at all why someone would want to steal a deer that wasn't theirs? Where are these people at when I ask if anyone wants a deer? My buddy had the same thing happen to his dad about 5 years ago at AEDC. It was a 4 point !People are flipping crazy!
One of the guys from this sight came to Middle tn to hunt. He shot a buck and was on the phone with his wife telling her about the buck he just shot and if I remember correctly a guy walks up shoots it, while it's dead on the ground and claims it. Something close to that! It was crazy!

timberjack86

One of the guys from this sight came to Middle tn to hunt. He shot a buck and was on the phone with his wife telling her about the buck he just shot and if I remember correctly a guy walks up shoots it, while it's dead on the ground and claims it. Something close to that! It was crazy!
I guess they think it's fair game until it's loaded up in someones truck?!!:mad:

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
And some folks say it is difficult to stalk a whitetail...

backyardtndeer

I don't either. But guess some guys want so badly to brag to their buddies about what they killed, that they will do anything to get their buck. Pathetic really. Yeah, people are crazy.

Latest posts