Tracking dog needed - Dunlap TN

Hey guys, I shot a doe about 9:30 (central) this morning. It looked like a decent shot with a big blood spray immediately but the trail ended about 50 yards away. I've searched the past 3 and a half hours and not been able to find blood or the deer. Do any of you know any trackers near Dunlap? I reached out to a few on the Unitedbloodtrackers.org website but it doesn't seem like anyone's available today. I know it's a tall order being on a Wednesday, but I figured it was worth a shot.

I didn't find the arrow, I'll post a picture of some of the blood. Unfortunately I didn't get any life with a lot of blood and I'm out of the woods now

Attachments

• IMG_0985.jpeg
    IMG_0985.jpeg
    501.6 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0986.jpeg
    IMG_0986.jpeg
    445.8 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0989.jpeg
    IMG_0989.jpeg
    422.8 KB · Views: 145

C1295

I would say after 50 yards it quit running possibly... I would go back this evening and go another 5 yards all around were it stopped. Looks like a liver shot to me.

Here's a link to the TN Blood Trailing Network statewide. There's two not too far from you -
Patrick Kraemer
Soddy Daisy, TN
985-209-5966

Savannah Lewis
Suck Creek Mountain,TN
423-619-3046

TN Blood Trailing Network Map and Contact Info
Thank you! I reached out to them, unfortunately they're both working till late this evening. I doubt the meat will be any good by then

TDW05

2-Step Enabled
Trying to find a number but if you could look up a number of a Todd Anderson in Gruetlii-Laager. I know he has a dog. He might have a Facebook. I don't have one so I wouldn't know.

lafn96

Thank you! I reached out to them, unfortunately they're both working till late this evening. I doubt the meat will be any good by then
One more a bit farther away. Looks like there's another in Winchester but that's a ways from you. I bet that meats still good; clock doesn't start till they die; and as long as they're not in direct sunlight that meat will be good for hours with today's temps.

Tracker Name
Lucius Withrow
Contact
423-252-4254
Facebook
Marley Maes Blood Tracking
City
Cleveland, TN

C1295

You might have bumped it when you went in or like before it started walking and the blood stopped pumping out. I would go back this evening with a dog if you can that way you know for sure, Good Luck.

That's one heck of a user name lol. What's "Mid"?

Unfortunate the tracking dog folks don't do any weeknight work.
Thanks lol. Mid just means crappy weed 🤣

This is gonna sound very millennial, but it's often used as an insult to someone saying something stupid "bro has been smokin that mid"

Last edited:

CrossVolle

Typically, with sparce blood after 50, you went high thru 'no man's land" imo. Drive by if possible the next couple days and look for buzzards. But looking at the blood you shared as well as the feedback provided sounds like you hit her high and she will be fine.

Latest posts