Greene County Deer

GOHUNT

Ok, so we recently discussed how the eastern counties don't have many deer. With that said, I took this picture in Greene County this past Saturday evening. For sure, there's not many places in Greene County that you will see this. I counted 42.

Attachments

• IMG_0225.jpeg
    IMG_0225.jpeg
    385.7 KB · Views: 6

JN

There are pockets where the deer density is high you just have to find the areas. There is a place down the road from me in Unicoi that is just like the picture. You can see anywhere from 20-40 deer in the fields and probably 90% of them are doe. The people that own the land do not allow hunting and the only properties that allow hunting near it only shoot bucks.

killingtime 41

I live in northern Greene county. And have forever I know exactly what you're saying. I've seen it myself. Usually just small pockets like that. That do not allow hunting. But it is nice to see. Northern Greene use to be top dog as far as surrounding counties go 15 years ago or so. More houses around now so i don't get to see the big deer numbers cause it's no longer those same fields to look in. And probably has the deer going around the houses and I can't see them. EHD hit hard around here maybe 2015 I can't remember exact year.

GOHUNT

There are pockets where the deer density is high you just have to find the areas. There is a place down the road from me in Unicoi that is just like the picture. You can see anywhere from 20-40 deer in the fields and probably 90% of them are doe. The people that own the land do not allow hunting and the only properties that allow hunting near it only shoot bucks.
Are you talking about in the horseshoe?

Biggun4214

Some areas in East Tennessee have good numbers of deer some do not. One night in the mid-eighties I counted 40 deer on Henderson Island, this was what I could see in the moon light.
An officer that I worked with told me about a spotlighter he chased sometime before 1984. When he finally caught him he told the officer he had poached over 100 bucks. He was proud of the fact that he only shot bucks.

DeerCamp

Ok, so we recently discussed how the eastern counties don't have many deer. With that said, I took this picture in Greene County this past Saturday evening. For sure, there's not many places in Greene County that you will see this. I counted 42.
Somewhere, a bunch of neighbors are hunting and not seeing anything, and assume that the deer are all gone.

Latest posts