Food Plots Too Late?

Spurhunter

We have 2 food plots that haven't been planted. We were going to do them Saturday. Is it really just too late? What would you plant? I've done some research online and can't find a good answer.

megalomaniac

Should be fine with grains plus clover.

My friend in North MS still hasn't been able to plant anything on his 1600ac lease due to it being too wet.

We are planting plots on our lease in south MS this weekend

skipperbrown

We have planted wheat and oats in the first week of November and had a pretty good stand by gun season. This was mid AL. Wheat, oats, and cereal rye germinate and grow quickly in cool weather. Go for it.

Boll Weevil

Beans coming out even as I type. Drillin wheat right behind it. Not too late at all.

1634858009855.jpeg

Big Pop

Beans coming out even as I type. Drillin wheat right behind it. Not too late at all.

View attachment 117158
Possible rain Monday and warming most areas next week should be a good time to plant. I would try to get it out this weekend if at all possible. Wheat, rye and maybe crimson clover or oats should germinate quickly. Last I planted out of a pull behind broadcast spreader few weeks back I soaked overnight in water. Spreader slung it great and it came up in just a few days. Jump start if you will, especially if not much moisture.

Latest posts