TN vs Purdue

deerhunter10

I'm over it after this. Great season always a disappointment except for one team. That game was clearly not officiated well at all, to the point where it could be considered rigging. Other then that we didn't play the best and still gave them a run for their money. And also had to fight the refs the whole game. On to baseball.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
That was an ugly game.
This is exactly what I was going to say. I'm just glad Tennessee kept it close and didn't blow a gasket with the obvious travels and not being allowed to actually guard Edey. The boy is going to get ate alive at the next level.
He is better than some of the other giant white guts that played in the NBA, but he will not be a starter I don't think. Once he gets more than 5 feet away from the basket he's toast. Purdue totally went away from their normal game today…zero ball movement, nobody cutting, barely any penetration. All they did was try and throw it into Eady. They played terribly, but moving on.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I'm over it after this. Great season always a disappointment except for one team. That game was clearly not officiated well at all, to the point where it could be considered rigging. Other than that we didn't play the best and still gave them a run for their money. And also had to fight the refs the whole game. On to baseball.
Go back and watch the game in slo-mo and see if you think differently about the way the game was called. Tennessee plays a VERY aggressive defensive style of basketball, and every analyst (including the Tennessee ones) said that before the game. They said that if the refs call the game like they should that UT will rack up a ton of fouls. That is what happened

deerhunter10

Go back and watch the game in slo-mo and see if you think differently about the way the game was called. Tennessee plays a VERY aggressive defensive style of basketball, and every analyst (including the Tennessee ones) said that before the game. They said that if the refs call the game like they should that UT will rack up a ton of fouls. That is what happened
Edey had 1 foul and played almost 40 minutes. The game was called awful anyone can see that.

Spurhunter

Curiously Purdue never fouls anybody. Well coached I guess.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Curiously Purdue never fouls anybody. Well coached I guess.
Go back and watch the game and do it in slo-mo. I have zero doubt there were missed calls and missed travels and missed 3 second calls, but Eady gets mauled the whole game. He's an oaf and gangly and uncoordinated, but watch the game. The fouls did not keep Tennessee from scoring on the other end. They looked to Knect (31 shots) to win the game and it didn't work. UT has a lot of great players that were not given the chance in this game, same as Purdue, they both just went to the best player.

THEdonkey0515

Go back and watch the game and do it in slo-mo. I have zero doubt there were missed calls and missed travels and missed 3 second calls, but Eady gets mauled the whole game. He's an oaf and gangly and uncoordinated, but watch the game. The fouls did not keep Tennessee from scoring on the other end. They looked to Knect (31 shots) to win the game and it didn't work. UT has a lot of great players that were not given the chance in this game, same as Purdue, they both just went to the best player.
He was fouled alot I agree

He wasn't fouled to a 17-1 ratio, that is the ridiculous part for someone to play all but 33 seconds and not even pick up a Ticky tack foul in today's basketball is completely rediscules

scn

Go back in slo-mo and count the number of fouls TN was called for after Lurch had been in the lane for 6-8 seconds. The called a foul on TN after a walk even Ray Charles would have seen.

We didn't show up with our A game today, but, the officiating really sucked.

volboy

So by watching in slo mo how many fouls SHOULD have been called on big guy. No way he only committed 1 foul and the many 3 sec in lane no calls and no traveling called on him. Heard one comment of "he just has some incidental contact" 🤣
They did foul him but. When a big guy has defensive position are they just supposed to let the bigger offensive guy continue to keep pushing them to all the way under the basket? If they put up resistance then they are called for a foul.
Just makes a good game unenjoyable when one is favored so much.
So on to baseball and will not watch another basketball game til UT plays next year.

PalsPal

Even with the officiating, a "normal" game from ZZ would have won it. I'm not blaming him, because we got nothing from Aidoo, or Vescovi, and little from anybody else.

The suffocating defense kept us in it, and DK obviously, but he ran on out of gas. I do thank him for the memories.

This game was so winnable. And anybody who wants to blame Barnes is an idiot. But, every team has them.

Oh well, tball for the grandson and coach pitch for the granddaughter start this week, and I'm coaching her, so the next sports season begins.

Displaced_Vol

Even with the officiating, a "normal" game from ZZ would have won it. I'm not blaming him, because we got nothing from Aidoo, or Vescovi, and little from anybody else.

The suffocating defense kept us in it, and DK obviously, but he ran on out of gas. I do thank him for the memories.

This game was so winnable. And anybody who wants to blame Barnes is an idiot. But, every team has them.

Oh well, tball for the grandson and coach pitch for the granddaughter start this week, and I'm coaching her, so the next sports season begins.
Agree, Pals. It was still winnable. We left a lot out there, DK included. He missed a lot of mid range shots especially. ZZ never really turned it on offensively, or at least scoring wise. He still had what, 7 or 8 assists? But we still had a chance.

Aidoo didn't give us anything today and we needed something, defense & offense from him. Love the kid he's had a great year but not a good last 2 games from him.

On Edey…he is going to draw more fouls than an average big. I get that, it's fine he should he gets mugged a lot. But, it was way out of line from reality. And it's not the fact that he gets calls when he's got the ball & gets to shoot free throws. It's the fact he's never called for a foul on a rebound and the way he hooks guys is egregious…never called for a walk and if he catches it outside the post he constantly shuffles his feet. Forget about a lane violation. That's a joke worse than drawing a charge this year. No defensive fouls called against him except for the shove chasing a rebound is mind boggling…in totality the way he's officiated sucks.

I'll repeat myself but I think this is the best team we've had in my lifetime. I'd take this team over Grant's 2019 team and not think twice about it. I hate we couldn't get over the hump for Barnes this year. We'll be competitive next year I'm sure but I am afraid we've let our best chance slip by-

JBell

Welcome poor hunter. Luckily your favorite team plays em once in a blue moon.

What you are missing is transition points. On the rare occasion that Edey wasn't shooting freethrows, we were scoring transition points by pushing the ball down the court. Freethrows takes this opportunity away from our offense and gives them uncontested point opportunities, so absolutely the fouls took away from us on offense. 33 free throw attempts vs. 11. I did watch replays in slow motion. About half the fouls were bull. To say or believe that the refs were not a huge impact in the game is laughable.

Latest posts