Tim, Accubonds

Worm

2-Step Enabled
Is this called a Accubond burning hole? :D

270WSMExitHole.jpg

Worm

2-Step Enabled
Wife shot it at 40 yards. Exit hole in pic.

She took two deer yesterday. The other was at 60.
Need a hit past 100 to really see what they do.

Loaded at 65 gr H4831 it shoots like a .243

BucknBass

Killed 3 in the last 2 days with Accubonds.

Saturday shooting 140gr in the 7 STW 20 yards at a downward angle. Found the entire stoumach and intestines intact while tracking. They fell out of the exit hole 30 yards before it piled up!

This morning 2 Does between 175 and 200 yards. Both one shot DRT with 150gr in my .300WSM

I guess they are decent bullets :grin:

BucknBass said:
Killed 3 in the last 2 days with Accubonds.

Saturday shooting 140gr in the 7 STW 20 yards at a downward angle. Found the entire stoumach and intestines intact while tracking. They fell out of the exit hole 30 yards before it piled up!

This morning 2 Does between 175 and 200 yards. Both one shot DRT with 150gr in my .300WSM

I guess they are decent bullets :grin:

Need pics of exit holes lol

Whelen Man

R.I.P.
The wife finally let me go hunting but under protest. I shot my first deer with Accubonds yesterday and wasn't impressed. They may be a little too much bullet for the smaller deer. It was a 300 RUM with 180 Accubonds at 200 yards. I shot a normal sized mature doe just behind the shoulder and the bullet went through and exited the back of the ribcage on the other side. She ran about 100 yards down through some pines before expiring and had to be tracked in the dark last night. I really expected it to be a DRT bullet at the high velocity, but only got a small entrance and exit wound and little blood to follow. It just may be too much bullet for a lung shot on smaller deer. If I use it in the future I may have to plan on ruining a shoulder to put it down. I may take the same rifle and load some 180 ballistic tips I have at the house and shoot another to have something to compare to. (I just knew I should have taken the Whelen) Wink, Wink.

showmehorns

Worm said:
Need a hit past 100 to really see what they do.

I can tell you what they do at about 140...... 170# eight point took one to the shoulder this weekend and was dead before he hit the ground. This is my second season with them and I've been VERY impressed.

Tiny

Whelen Man said:
The wife finally let me go hunting but under protest. I shot my first deer with Accubonds yesterday and wasn't impressed. They may be a little too much bullet for the smaller deer. It was a 300 RUM with 180 Accubonds at 200 yards. I shot a normal sized mature doe just behind the shoulder and the bullet went through and exited the back of the ribcage on the other side. She ran about 100 yards down through some pines before expiring and had to be tracked in the dark last night. I really expected it to be a DRT bullet at the high velocity, but only got a small entrance and exit wound and little blood to follow. It just may be too much bullet for a lung shot on smaller deer. If I use it in the future I may have to plan on ruining a shoulder to put it down. I may take the same rifle and load some 180 ballistic tips I have at the house and shoot another to have something to compare to. (I just knew I should have taken the Whelen) Wink, Wink.

IMO AB 150 would have been a much better choice . ;)

BTW Congrats on the deer.

Latest posts