Ticks

JCDEERMAN

I was out in the woods all weekend and didn't get one. With clothes and boots treated appropriately, tuck pants into socks, put boots on over top and tuck shirt into pants. Spray OFF (deet) on arms and neck/face - Good to go

Stlbaseball1

We've had problems this year with pets bringing them in the house on them. No less than 20 total this year. We have a miniature Australian shepherd that is an inside dog and an outside cat that comes inside some. I don't know what to do about it. We treat the dog with flea and tick meds monthly and got the cat a collar but it's torn two of them off. Any advice would be appreciated!

TNTreeman

We've had problems this year with pets bringing them in the house on them. No less than 20 total this year. We have a miniature Australian shepherd that is an inside dog and an outside cat that comes inside some. I don't know what to do about it. We treat the dog with flea and tick meds monthly and got the cat a collar but it's torn two of them off. Any advice would be appreciated!
Bravecta 3 month long lasting pill from vet

Antler Daddy

Some of y'all have a lot of ticks.

I saw a presentation by Dr. Houston that runs Ames Plantation a few years ago. He should record that presentation and put it on YouTube. Ticks are nasty with all kinds of diseases. There is one form of tick that kills deer in like south MS or AL. Imagine if that tick moved north. There are 3 life stages of the tick if I remember correctly. They start by attaching to mice, then drop off to find bigger game like squirrels and rabbits and then when mature attack deer/humans.

BigAl

I was diagnosed with alpha-gal about 4 years ago. I still have it although I'm not as sensitive as I used to be. I eat a small amount of beef or pork occasionally and recently have been having only mild reactions.

I've been buying the permethrin from tractor supply and mixing it myself. I mix it just a little bit stronger than Sawyers and it seems to work fine. I have a lot of deer on my 5 acres but don't seem to have a tick problem. But I get tons of chigger bites here and other places. Hate 'em!