PS scouting/Shed hunting PSA: TICKS!

TboneD

I can't remember them being out so early for us but a couple of BIG ones got me BAD just yesterday. Maybe it has something to do with all the rain? BEWARE! These ugly pics of my side are after my wife pulled them off for me.

Attachments

• IMG_0988.jpeg
    IMG_0988.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0987.jpeg
    IMG_0987.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 2

backyardtndeer

It has gotten pretty warm the past few days, kind of figured I would see snakes and thought ticks may be out.

Thanks for the heads up. May want to get in to your family doc to be on the safe side.

ruthunter

I don't like ticks getting on me, I spray religiously and keep 8 or 10 bottles of sawyer's in my shop. Last summer I got diagnosed with rocky mountain spotted fever and its caused me numerous problems and not over it yet. Actually got to go to infectious disease Dr Wednesday. Never found a tick on me and had been months since I had been in the woods. I'm reading this and getting ready to head out the door to look at some new land, don't usually spray this time of year but thanks for the reminder that you never know when you might get a tick.

killingtime 41

After having Lyme disease for many years without knowing it. I would recommend a week long treatment of antibiotics as quick as you can. Just believe me you don't want Lyme disease. Caught early it's easy to get rid of. And don't believe the target looking rash that doesn't always happen and didn't in my case as I never remember having a rash at all.

ruthunter

After having Lyme disease for many years without knowing it. I would recommend a week long treatment of antibiotics as quick as you can. Just believe me you don't want Lyme disease. Caught early it's easy to get rid of. And don't believe the target looking rash that doesn't always happen and didn't in my case as I never remember having a rash at all.
I have friends that have caught Lyme early and a couple friends that had it for a couple years before catching it. The 2 that had it for a couple years have numerological problems, fatigue and more issues they will have to deal with probably the rest of their lives.

ruthunter

Lyme is getting pretty common in Mississippi. When I started aching in my joints I went to dr and got tested for all tick born illnesses. I thought I had Lyme, but had tick fever, RMSF, they come from 2 different ticks. Alpha gal comes from a different tick than them 2. I definitely don't want Lyme because it's no joke.

mike243

I don't like ticks getting on me, I spray religiously and keep 8 or 10 bottles of sawyer's in my shop. Last summer I got diagnosed with rocky mountain spotted fever and its caused me numerous problems and not over it yet. Actually got to go to infectious disease Dr Wednesday. Never found a tick on me and had been months since I had been in the woods. I'm reading this and getting ready to head out the door to look at some new land, don't usually spray this time of year but thanks for the reminder that you never know when you might get a tick.
Ended up with RMSF and don't know when I was bit, took about 4rds of different meds before it dropped my level, never have came back up to my old energy level. tick diseases are bad news and nothing to mess around with.

ruthunter

Ended up with RMSF and don't know when I was bit, took about 4rds of different meds before it dropped my level, never have came back up to my old energy level. tick diseases are bad news and nothing to mess around with.
I went to infectious disease Dr yesterday and she said my fatigue and lack of energy level had nothing to do with my RMSF. That's a bunch of bull

mike243

I had 0 energy, would get up get a shower then run out of steam before I could get out of the door to go hunt. they give me 2-3 rounds of the same meds but levels didn't drop, Asked them to give a different med , coarse every time you take them you have to wait 6 weeks then get blood work again, took a while to get a low reading and the nurse that called wasn't to dang sure what she was trying to tell me. It was all I could do to get through work, now old age is creeping up lol

ruthunter

I had 0 energy, would get up get a shower then run out of steam before I could get out of the door to go hunt. they give me 2-3 rounds of the same meds but levels didn't drop, Asked them to give a different med , coarse every time you take them you have to wait 6 weeks then get blood work again, took a while to get a low reading and the nurse that called wasn't to dang sure what she was trying to tell me. It was all I could do to get through work, now old age is creeping up lol
All they did was give me one round of antibiotics, didn't check any levels. I don't even know what that means. They checked me after a couple months to see if the disease was still active or dormant. I don't understand enough, but honestly I don't think they do either.

killingtime 41

I can't say for sure when I got it. But got diagnosed probably 8 years ago and was on all kinds of antibiotics for 8 months. And still have joint pain.throughout all my joints. Some days hurting terribly. Then be gone the next day only to flare up again another day. I know for a fact if I find one burrowed in my skin. I will immediately go get antibiotics.

Latest posts