Food Plots Throw and Grow?

tree_ghost

I have a couple of small areas on two of my properties that are located in dense wooded areas.I dont think that getting a tractor into these areas would be practical. These micro plots would be approximately 50'x50' and would recieve partial to full daylight. My question is has anyone used this product and do you think it would be a sucessful project?

DaveB

I have used the throw&Grow. It is mostly annual rye. From my own experience I would say you need to do the prep work and having done so mix up your own planting mix. Or, use one of the commercial mixes. T&G was not a waste but it did not produce but maybe 10% of what I expected.

Doskil

Mix up some buckwheat with annual rye grain.

Just throw it out and it will come up

bjohnson

I have used it once in a small spot. It did better than expected but with a little rake work and some time you can do better than throw and grow.

Hunter 257W

I've used "No Plow" several years with good results as far as getting a good stand is concerned. But I don't recall ever using it without disking the ground up good with a tractor 1st so I have no idea how well it comes up when used that way.

As far as deer eating it goes, my foodplot inside the woods gets a lot of use. All the more open plots never get much use when planted in "No Plow".

Latest posts