The Wife

Rakkin6

rtaylor":2v59pzfx said:
Dang I feel for you guys. I don't get any grief but it probably helps that I am taking the kids and she gets to actually sleep in 1 day per week. When we were dating I told her that hunting and fishing is what I do. I'll never hunt or fish less no matter the circumstances. I said if you have a problem with that we need to end this now and 15 years later she still hasn't given me any lip about it. That being said she is always my priority over hunting and fishing and she knows it.
My wife got the same talk from me and my family when we were dating. She doesn't really say anything about how much I go. Just got to stay on top of my part of the housework/responsibilities especially now that I am retired and she still works full time and we are good to go.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Rakkin6

JeepKuntry":10hf1i4x said:
I do get the occasional push back on hunting. For the most part she's understanding that I would rather chase deer or fish than hit any bar or chase any other woman. 1 is more than enough! It's tough when you have younger kids and when somebody is gone the other takes on more responsibility. But that's only a few short years.
Yeah having kids would make things different I am sure. We don't have any and me at 43 and the wife turning 49 probably arent either.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

gobblesandgrunts

JCDEERMAN":2ni7an0d said:
:rotf:

I know the feeling. When I'm home on a Saturday, she can't get ready to leave the house before 11am. When I go hunting and try to make it back in time for lunch, she's ready by 9am. She does it just to make a "statement"
Exactly! Lol or she pulls the, I never get alone time away from the boys like you do card. Ill say so tell me yiu have or want to go do something with friends. She never does but she knows I wouldn't care to stay anf let her do that. She never takes advantage of it though.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

gobblesandgrunts

Hduke86":2l3tfgq3 said:
My wife is a teacher and during hunting season my off days are Monday- Tuesday. During the summer when her and our boys are out for break I readjust my off days to be Saturday-Sunday and it has worked good for the last 12 years so far.
Wow that would work well

Ladys man

gobblesandgrunts":2v2vhce3 said:
JCDEERMAN":2v2vhce3 said:
:rotf:

I know the feeling. When I'm home on a Saturday, she can't get ready to leave the house before 11am. When I go hunting and try to make it back in time for lunch, she's ready by 9am. She does it just to make a "statement"
Exactly! Lol or she pulls the, I never get alone time away from the boys like you do card. Ill say so tell me yiu have or want to go do something with friends. She never does but she knows I wouldn't care to stay anf let her do that. She never takes advantage of it though.

Exactly same boat. I feel pretty lucky as my wife grew up hunting with her dad so she really does understand. Either way I'm keeping her..

CheathamIceman

mowen":ruchd142 said:
I bought muzzle last year, crossbow this year. Wife said I don't want you going everyday you have off. Spend time with me! I didn't go today, wife got drunk last night, she's still sleeping. I could have already been back after trying to get my first bow kill. Ugh. Good luck to everyone else today and going forward.

Well that sucks for you. I wont go further because last time I mentioned womens behavior people lost their minds.

HatchieLuvr

mowen":emw7ey7k said:
I bought muzzle last year, crossbow this year. Wife said I don't want you going everyday you have off. Spend time with me! I didn't go today, wife got drunk last night, she's still sleeping. I could have already been back after trying to get my first bow kill. Ugh. Good luck to everyone else today and going forward.

Sounds like you haven't "properly cured her" of that propensity? Once you're wife figures out that when she gets that drunk and EVERYTIME she wakes up the next morning, she has a VERY SORE booty hole, then she'll stop that silliness pretty quickly! ;)

Now if you are a "working man" and have limited time off, well then you probably SHOULDN'T spend every off minute in the woods or water. Doing so doesn't lend itself to a happy spouse. An unhappy spouse makes sure EVERYONE is equally unhappy and life in general will be MISERABLE FOR ALL. So pick your times accordingly or if you just insist on "YOUR time being YOUR time" then you likely need to also get used to the "single life"...

muddyboots

I had this talk before marriage. I told her I only turkey hunt and deer hunt. That's all I ask for. She does not give me any grief. But with that said she knows she and the kids come first. Only way I can enjoy my hunting is knowing all my other responsibilities are taken care of. Example she asked me to go the mountains for 3 days right middle of the rut. I said sure thing honey. I find the older I get the less I go but the better hunting is.

Latest posts